PC keeps crashing! HELP

Fubuki

This is cancer. I'm trying to render a video but the stupid software keeps crashing at like 91%. And it keeps saying 00:00:00 approximate time left to render. I can't even cancel it. I have to restart my Computer. Vegas doesnt work

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Edited by The Titan

16 minutes ago, imOvray said:

what's the specs of your pc? i know with my i7-4790k and 16 gig of DDR4 RAM i still crash during some heavy render because Vegas 14 (even 12 & 13) is using everything at 100% and most pc don't handle it.

My PC processor: Pentium(R)

I have a Windows 10 PC

If your video file simply gets stuck on "Building Peaks" all the time, then crashes when you click on anything, a solution would be to download "Handbrake" it's a video file conversion software, convert your file there in the quality you want and then open that file up, most of the time you'll be able to open the newly converted file in vegas. If your file has fully rendered but the box doesn't let you quit out, don't worry since your file will be ready, you just need to close the software, probably with task manager. Another thing I recommend is to not put too many files into the software at once, do it one clip at a time and save your project frequently. Of course, if all of this doesn't work, downgrade your version of the software and see how that goes. 

These are the minimum specs that are required for running Sony Vegas 14: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/vegas-pro-14-edit-steam-edition/14886

Another thing I recommend when it comes to rendering is to try out new settings, like lowering the quality from 1080p to 720p for instance, literally nobody complains about videos that are at least in 720p HD but rendering in 60FPS might also be an issue. One thing I can recommend is to render parts of your video instead of rendering the whole thing at once, then bring it all together to render it, it's a lot easier for Sony Vegas to render a project that only consists of 2 video files in comparison to 20 files that are all cut with effects and so on. 

Check this video out to see how you can view your own specs and compare them to the minimum requirements: 

Edited by Sergen

9 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

I have a Windows 10 PC

look no more x) hope for you that you have the cracked version and didn't pay for it because Vegas on a Pentium processor :l 

you could try using older version of Vegas (10 work well on old config) or another montage tool that have less feature but less need in ressource.

Edited by imOvray

On 9/13/2017 at 6:05 AM, BadTitanSlayer said:

I have a Windows 10 PC

You can't do shit with a Pentium these days. You'll need a newer processor with atleast 4 cores, even a Core i3 struggles with rendering. Core i5/Ryzen 5 and above is the way to go. Also, how much RAM do you have and what GPU? You'll probably need a minimum of 8gigs of RAM or more depending on what resolution you're rendering at.

19 hours ago, imOvray said:

look no more x) hope for you that you have the cracked version and didn't pay for it because Vegas on a Pentium processor :l 

you could try using older version of Vegas (10 work well on old config) or another montage tool that have less feature but less need in ressource.

I do have a cracked version of Vegas. Why is Pentium so bad? 

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

If your video file simply gets stuck on "Building Peaks" all the time, then crashes when you click on anything, a solution would be to download "Handbrake" it's a video file conversion software, convert your file there in the quality you want and then open that file up, most of the time you'll be able to open the newly converted file in vegas. If your file has fully rendered but the box doesn't let you quit out, don't worry since your file will be ready, you just need to close the software, probably with task manager. Another thing I recommend is to not put too many files into the software at once, do it one clip at a time and save your project frequently. Of course, if all of this doesn't work, downgrade your version of the software and see how that goes. 

These are the minimum specs that are required for running Sony Vegas 14: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/vegas-pro-14-edit-steam-edition/14886

Another thing I recommend when it comes to rendering is to try out new settings, like lowering the quality from 1080p to 720p for instance, literally nobody complains about videos that are at least in 720p HD but rendering in 60FPS might also be an issue. One thing I can recommend is to render parts of your video instead of rendering the whole thing at once, then bring it all together to render it, it's a lot easier for Sony Vegas to render a project that only consists of 2 video files in comparison to 20 files that are all cut with effects and so on. 

Check this video out to see how you can view your own specs and compare them to the minimum requirements: 

Thanks. I'll try to work with these methods. 

1 minute ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

You can't do shit with a Pentium these days. You'll need a newer processor with atleast 4 cores, even a Core i3 struggles with rendering. Core i5/Ryzen 5 and above is the way to go. Also, how much RAM do you have and what GPU? You'll probably need a minimum of 8gigs of RAM or more depending on what resolution you're rendering at.

I have 4GB of RAM.  1.60GHz 

Well shit my PC isn't strong enough to run Sony Vegas. Wtf this computer is like 500$ Stupid All in one. I guess I have to buy a new computer but I don't have enough money. What Should I do? 

8 minutes ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

I do have a cracked version of Vegas. Why is Pentium so bad? 

Thanks. I'll try to work with these methods. 

I have 4GB of RAM.  1.60GHz 

Close all possible background processes on Windows, go to task manager>Startup and disable all the unnecessary apps and restart your PC. Maybe you can get by, if you render at 1080p or lower, but those specs are still kinda poop for Vegas. Pentium is outdated and can't handle huge workloads that are put on it by VEGAS, Premiere Pro etc. Assuming you've one of the older Pentiums, it probably has only 2 cores and no hyper-threading which is a big no for rendering software's these days. I suppose a much older version of VEGAS could work fine.

Edited by IntenseFATE98

3 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

Close all possible background processes on Windows, go to task manager>Startup and disable all the unnecessary apps and restart your PC. Maybe you can get by, if you render at 1080p or lower, but those specs are still kinda poop for Vegas. Pentium is outdated and can't handle huge workloads that are put on it by VEGAS, Premiere Pro etc. Assuming you've one of the older Pentiums, it probably has only 2 cores and no hyper-threading which is a big no for rendering software's these days. I suppose a much older version could work fine.

Should I just buy a new PC? I don't have the money and this All in one PC was like 500 bucks. I only had it for like 2 months. I don't think I can upgrade it either. What should I do?

1 hour ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

Should I just buy a new PC? I don't have the money and this All in one PC was like 500 bucks. I only had it for like 2 months. I don't think I can upgrade it either. What should I do?

Yeah you can't upgrade an AIO as far as I know, probably best to get a new one. If you know how to build a PC / can get one built somewhere, feel free to PM me, I'll help you out with the parts. If not, get one of these pre-builts, the pricing seems to be decent : https://www.ibuypower.com/Site/LandingPage/AMD-Ryzen 

My recommendations from those : Entry Level , Sweet Spot , High End 

I linked these, because I'm assuming you're from the US? (Based on your PSN). Keep in mind, you can save a load of money if you build it yourself, but you won't have the privilege of one single company handling the service of your whole PC / one single warranty for the whole system.