Missable trophies in the game?

Cryptonyte

I know there are videos for the individual notes, but I am honestly surprised there isn't a full guide to this game. I think it would be super helpful for the game, especially with it being a PS Plus game for October. 

I honestly have no idea if everything is all story based or if there are missable trophies. Can anyone help explain them?

• Like 1

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/42957-amnesia-trophy-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=1192293

I haven't had time to do a full guide but maybe my above post can help, a basic outline for the platinum is explained under the hidden content tabs and the collectibles videos are linked.

Only thing I left out was the different ending requirements because I didn't want to spoil anything. The endings for Justine are self-explanatory just from the trophy descriptions. But for The Dark Descent I would recommend using this.

It is important to remember that you need to collect all notes in the same playthrough to unlock Master Archivist. Same for collecting all tinderboxes in The Dark Descent, everything has to be collected in one run for the related trophy. Also certain areas become inaccessible during the course of the games so be certain to follow the video guides carefully.

This platinum is a very easy one when using the collectibles videos. But if you have questions about certain trophies I am happy to try and answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ser_davos said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/42957-amnesia-trophy-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=1192293

I haven't had time to do a full guide but maybe my above post can help, a basic outline for the platinum is explained under the hidden content tabs and the collectibles videos are linked.

Only thing I left out was the different ending requirements because I didn't want to spoil anything. The endings for Justine are self-explanatory just from the trophy descriptions. But for The Dark Descent I would recommend using this.

It is important to remember that you need to collect all notes in the same playthrough to unlock Master Archivist. Same for collecting all tinderboxes in The Dark Descent, everything has to be collected in one run for the related trophy. Also certain areas become inaccessible during the course of the games so be certain to follow the video guides carefully.

This platinum is a very easy one when using the collectibles videos. But if you have questions about certain trophies I am happy to try and answer.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ser_davos said:

I do have one question mostly about the endings if you don't mind, since I'm also interested in platinuming this game now that's its a ps plus game. Will I have to do multiple full playthroughs for The Dark Descent? Or is there a chapter select or some exploit around it? I know Justine is short, so it wont be much of an issue. Also with the collectibles such as note finding, you said you would have to do it in one play through, but since you have to multiple for the different endings, I should probably do note finding on my last run when I'm going for the last ending in Dark Descent and Justine as well? 

Edited by wilwheaton5

5 hours ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I do have one question mostly about the endings if you don't mind, since I'm also interested in platinuming this game now that's its a ps plus game. Will I have to do multiple full playthroughs for The Dark Descent? Or is there a chapter select or some exploit around it? I know Justine is short, so it wont be much of an issue. Also with the collectibles such as note finding, you said you would have to do it in one play through, but since you have to multiple for the different endings, I should probably do note finding on my last run when I'm going for the last ending in Dark Descent and Justine as well? 

You don't need to do multiple playthroughs to get the different endings in The Dark Descent. After finishing the game, the last autosave will be right before you make your choice that determines your ending so it's as simple as get your first ending then just choose to continue from the main menu and get the next ending. You can also make your own save towards the end to be absolutely certain. But either way it's definitely possible to get every trophy in one playthrough. The only way you will need to play a second time is if you don't complete a certain optional objective that is crucial for one ending so just play through the game thoroughly and you'll be fine. For Justine you have no choice but to play through 3 times as there's no save feature but like you said it's a very quick process.

As for the collectibles what I have been told by fellow players is that they just have to all be collected in one run of each individual game so it doesn't matter if you get every note in Justine on your first run then get none on your next two, as long as you have them all in any one go it's fine.

I actually had to do a full second playthrough of TDD after missing just one tinderbox so I try to pre-warn people not to make my mistake and be careful with the collectibles!

16 hours ago, ser_davos said:

You don't need to do multiple playthroughs to get the different endings in The Dark Descent. After finishing the game, the last autosave will be right before you make your choice that determines your ending so it's as simple as get your first ending then just choose to continue from the main menu and get the next ending. You can also make your own save towards the end to be absolutely certain. But either way it's definitely possible to get every trophy in one playthrough. The only way you will need to play a second time is if you don't complete a certain optional objective that is crucial for one ending so just play through the game thoroughly and you'll be fine. For Justine you have no choice but to play through 3 times as there's no save feature but like you said it's a very quick process.

As for the collectibles what I have been told by fellow players is that they just have to all be collected in one run of each individual game so it doesn't matter if you get every note in Justine on your first run then get none on your next two, as long as you have them all in any one go it's fine.

I actually had to do a full second playthrough of TDD after missing just one tinderbox so I try to pre-warn people not to make my mistake and be careful with the collectibles!

Oh okay, thank you very much for your help I appreciate it! But okay that's good, if I just playthrough them with guide videos I should be fine then, but I'm glad I wont need to do multiple Dark Descent playthroughs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...