Have you had any technical issues?

turniplord

Hi guys, 

If possible, could you let me know in this thread if you experience any technical issues once you get past chapter 3 in the Campaign. I have a PS4 Pro and I've been reviewing the game for the last week (Embargo lifted today so I can finally talk about it!) - absolutely love the game, but I've suffered a lot of crashes - and I mean random ones when saving, loading, starting and ending the missions. I'm not sure if it's isolated to me, for some reason, or if it's an issue with the code atm.

I have contacted my source at Kalypso who have advised a fix is due out on PC today and shortly for consoles to address issues which have come to their attention (I sent a rather detailed list and videos showing what was happening to me). It never seemed to happen until I hit chapter 4+ though.

My review, which is due up either today or tomorrow, details the game and gives my opinion but also mentions at the end the issues like crashing - I'll remove that part if nobody else is affected by it, or I'll update it if the base unit is fine but the Pro is having the issues. I don't want to put out info which may, technically, not be true which could affect people buying the game as I'm having so much fun with it (it's just a mine field whether or not it will save without crashing on the later levels atm)

Thanks for your time :)  Hope you all enjoy the game as much as I am doing :) - wonder how long it will take for someone to Plat, seeing as you hae to do literally every objective on every level (and some of them are pretty hard!)

• 3 weeks later...

Guy, the patch dropped the other day - I've had literally no crashes since installing it. However, there is a bit of slowdown in the dungeon with a load of enemies and screen tearing has been introduced - but it doesn't crash. 

Ill take tears and slow slow down over crashing and losing progression!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the game about a week or two ago (US), there was also a patch a few days after I started playing it that might have helped a bit, but even during the first days I played it, I only had it crash on me once. I had another issue happen twice where the music would stop playing and sometimes I couldn't press any of the x, square, etc. buttons.

So far, I'm almost halfway through the game (about 20hrs because I go slow :p):

crashes - 2 (1 before patch, 1 after)

just music muting - 1 (after patch)

music muting+buttons not working - 2 (before patch)

The crash after the patch happened when I reloaded saves like 6 times within 20 minutes because I'm trying to get the trophy to do one of the missions in 40min. So far, these issues haven't been bad enough to make me want to stop playing the game tho. Hope this helps.

• Like 2