Quantic Dream Shows Off PS4's Impressive Emotional Fidelity

DanielVT

Quantic Dream Shows Off PS4's Impressive Emotional Fidelity

by Tim Turi

http://www.gameinfor...l-fidelity.aspx

QuanticFace610-2.jpg

After a round of official new game reveals for the PS4, Sony offered a glimpse into Heavy Rain developer, Quantic Dream’s “concept in progress”. Quantic Dream founder David Cage says he wants players to have stronger emotional connections with games. Cage says the technology of the PS4 will allow Quantic Dream to convey subtle emotions and that games will be on par with film in terms of displaying character’s emotions.

Characters in Quantic Dream’s upcoming unnamed PS4 project sport significantly more polygons than those of Beyond: Two Souls’ 30,000 polygon count. Cage shows off a character model of an old man’s head in incredibly realistic detail. The old man’s face shows off subtle emotions like concern or a spark of interest. Detailed shading technology, made possibly with the PS4, highlight the detail of every wrinkle on his face.

Cage didn’t officially announce a new project, but the PS4’s enhanced graphical capabilities should help the drama-heavy Quantic Dream to create even more moving games.

(Thanks Chambers35 for finding the video! :D )

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 2

Here's the video:

[media=]

[/media]

It looks absolutely incredible!

Thanks Chambers for adding that! (I'll put it in the main post as well) The tech shown today just blew my mind. I'm already thinking about how they could possibly make next gen look better. Does not seem possible.