Disney to buy 20th Century Fox?

Miles_Warren

1 hour ago, The Titan said:

Maybe he can be resurrected

They'll just pretend like Logan never happened, which would make the most sense. Think about it this way, do you think it would make sense for Disney to use the garbage adaption of the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom we got? No, they're going to pretend like this movie never happened and reboot the whole thing. For Wolverine, either we'll get a whole new Wolverine since Jackman might be done with the role, but even if he's not we'd still get a younger Wolverine. Logan is set in a distant future where Wolverine is an old man and most mutants are dead, it wouldn't make sense to act like Logan happened and then bring him into the MCU. I don't think I can explain it any more clearly than that. It's just something you understand or you don't I guess.

7 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

They'll just pretend like Logan never happened, which would make the most sense. Think about it this way, do you think it would make sense for Disney to use the garbage adaption of the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom we got? No, they're going to pretend like this movie never happened and reboot the whole thing. For Wolverine, either we'll get a whole new Wolverine since Jackman might be done with the role, but even if he's not we'd still get a younger Wolverine. Logan is set in a distant future where Wolverine is an old man and most mutants are dead, it wouldn't make sense to act like Logan happened and then bring him into the MCU. I don't think I can explain it any more clearly than that. It's just something you understand or you don't I guess.

Fantastic Four was a garbage movie so it's understandable why it would be written out. But it kinda be strange with Logan since Logan was a good movie.

2 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Fantastic Four was a garbage movie so it's understandable why it would be written out. But it kinda be strange with Logan since Logan was a good movie.

Logan is a fantastic movie, but it wouldn't make sense to have that version of him appear in the MCU especially if they were to do something like have him fight alongside the rest of the X-Men when they are supposed to be dead in the timeline he comes from.

3 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Logan is a fantastic movie, but it wouldn't make sense to have that version of him appear in the MCU especially if they were to do something like have him fight alongside the rest of the X-Men when they are supposed to be dead in the timeline he comes from.

Just wondering, do you think any xmen movie is bad or  mediocre?

I could be wrong, but in the comic world the events in the movie Logan took place in an alternate future reality from a different version of earth. This is common in comics with multiple universes, timelines and dimensions. So the Logan movie could really be meaningless in MCU. If my memory serves comic book wolverine actually died by being completely encased in adamantium and suffocating, but newer comics have shown the shell cracked open and has hinted that he is actually alive. More of an issue is replacing Jackman as wolverine. But there was a story arc where someone else (one of the x weapons i think) took his identity.

And besides, they already royally screwed up with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. And don't even get me started on infinity gems, the lack of Adam Warlock or basically everything about Vision. But MCU is independent of the comicverse so none of that really matters. Basically if they can find a way to make money with Wolverine, I think they will. They can retcon anything if there are enough potential dollars involved.

39 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Just wondering, do you think any xmen movie is bad or  mediocre?

The most recent one that comes to mind is X-Men Apocalypse, which I found to be absolutely terrible. The only X-Men films I've found to be enjoyable are First Class, Days of Future Past and the Wolverine solo films (excluding Origins)

6 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

I could be wrong, but in the comic world the events in the movie Logan took place in an alternate future reality from a different version of earth. This is common in comics with multiple universes, timelines and dimensions. So the Logan movie could really be meaningless in MCU. If my memory serves comic book wolverine actually died by being completely encased in adamantium and suffocating, but newer comics have shown the shell cracked open and has hinted that he is actually alive. More of an issue is replacing Jackman as wolverine. But there was a story arc where someone else (one of the x weapons i think) took his identity.

And besides, they already royally screwed up with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. And don't even get me started on infinity gems, the lack of Adam Warlock or basically everything about Vision. But MCU is independent of the comicverse so none of that really matters. Basically if they can find a way to make money with Wolverine, I think they will. They can retcon anything if there are enough potential dollars involved.

Yeah it pretty much is set in an alternate timeline similar to its source material. Jackman has expressed interest in teaming up with the Avengers, so hopefully we see him reprise the role in the future because I really can't see anyone replacing him as Wolverine. And Jackman returning as Wolverine would definitely bring in a lot of money especially if they decide to put him in costume. Adam Warlock actually appears in an after credits scene for Guardians 2. I've never read Infinity War, so I can't really complain about how it has been handled so far. All I'm hoping for with Infinity War is that we get a proper villain with Thanos since MCU does a terrible job with most of its villains. However, from what I've seen in the trailers, it looks like we will be getting a Thanos that lives up to the source material.