Good Way to Grind Staves?

I'm upgrading my equipment right now for their upgrades... the blades aren't too bad, but the staves are just so slow to upgrade because of their low attack power... have to hit enemies on floors 80+ of Sky Palace 5+ times whereas with the blades it would be max 2 hits. I cook curry as often as I can to improve my stats and experience gain, but it's just not enough.

Any recommendations?

• 1 month later...

Looks like you’ve platinumed the game since asking this question but for anyone else, the key is definitely to get a good shield. I followed one of the trophy guides out there.

Attack ball, secret scroll, berserker herb and power up drug fused onto a +99 buckler (leveled up) since Buckler has some attack stats to start with. These 4 things give +31 attack on their own. The guide recommended a poison def seal but i personally used an abilities +5 seal from an onion staff which raised all stats by 5. 

Do this and make sure to keep fusing +items to your staff, and fuse the leveled staff with whatever staff you want to work on next, and you should be able to 2 hit knockout no problem.

The one thing I definitely screwed up in this game is more or less ignoring minus gear. Now I’m running the sky palace doing nothing but hunt for it on every floor. Got to -52 without trying but -99 is going to be a pain.

• Like 2