DC's METAL *spoiler talk*

YemmytheFerret

If you haven't read up to the Batman who laughs one shot and don't want spoilers then don't read this.

If anyone here is a DC fan and reading the new metal series I wanna know your thoughts.  The metal event has had it's ups and downs but I think it has hit it's stride now after metal #3.  Now that all the evil batmen one-shots are out who are your favorites?  Least favorites?  Here's a link with a refresher on who's who in the evil batmen community: https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-where-each-of-dark-nights-metals-evil-batmen-cam-1820633027/amp 

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!  As for now...my opinion

Much like 'the button' event in Batman/flash this year Metal started off a bit Rocky, I feel like the preludes to the main event just muddled a lot of information up.  Metal 1 and 2 where kind of the same way not really explaining much until the end of #2 where it is shown that *gasp* the court of owls from the new 52 run of Batman were behind it all!  But that makes little to no sense and I feel like Snyder threw a hail Mary to make that connection to his Batman run.  Now that #3 is out and all the one shots are done the story is getting better.  My personal favorite of the batmen is the red death, followed by merciless, and dawnbreaker.  Least favorites probably are the drowned and the murder machine.  

Let's talk about the Batman who laughs because his back story was the only one that got an emotional response from me, not only was it much more shocking than I expected but it also was the most disturbing of the batmen stories.  

Red death was an interesting story I expecially like that Barry is essentially trapped inside Bruce's speed force giving out small cries for help in his 'conscience.' 

The merciless was just a badass tale and I really liked the look of war torn Bruce, the only part that was a flop to me was him killing wonder woman toward the end. I feel like that could have been left out with the same effect.

Dawnbreaker was definitely an interesting side of the story, bruce having the will power to re-program a green lantern ring made a lot of sense to me. 

The murder machine was a flop of a character, not only was it a dumb concept but it was a disappointing read.

The drowned was kinda the same as the murder machine except they seem to have skipped over all the story behind Brice Wayne, simply saying 'blah blah blah slyvester kyle' every other line gives me nothing.  I would have rather seen the actual world before all the hubbub, it was an interesting idea but it was told very poorly.

The devestator was also a pretty good read, I enjoyed it but there's not much else to say.

I'm interested to hear from fellow DC fans and their thoughts on the event.  If you have thoughts about doomsday clock I'm all ears for that too; I really enjoyed the first issue.

Hey if you don't know what I'm talking about your in the wrong post my friend.