What's a solid racing wheel for a cheap price?

d1l2e3v4

Miiiight have posted this in the wrong section of the forum - if that's true, then sorry about that. ?

I've been looking to get one of these things for quite a while now, but never really got around to doing so due to the high costs. But i've seen that theres an increasing amount of budget racing wheels, (like this HORI racing wheel, which seems pretty cheap compared to the bigger brands, no idea about the quality though) which definitely has sparked my interest up a bit, and might be looking to get one of these things for Christmas.

But to be fair, I have a feeling that there's cheaper ones out there, or ones with better quality with a slight increase in price.

So - question is - just like the title hints at: What's a solid racing wheel for a cheap price? I'm looking to spend about 150€ max, as i'm pretty much a casual racing fan, even though I do play these type of games a lot, it just doesn't feel like something that i'd like spend a lot of money for as it's something that i wouldn't use TOO often, as it might be a bit of a pain to set-up, but it would be a good refresher to use something like it over an controller.  ?

It's to be noted, that it would be nice to get a model that's supported by PS3 & PS4. (I don't know if there's any console-exclusive racing wheels, but better to add that than to not do so!)

Let me know some suggestions!

Edited by d1l2e3v4

11 minutes ago, richtayls said:

If you can afford it then get one with force feedback, the difference is worth the extra and if you’re like me you’ll regret not getting force feedback and shell out again for a better one later on.

Exactly this, force feedback is one of the main reasons to buy a racing wheel instead of using a controller. The big problem with your budget will be where you want to attach the wheel to. Because where i play my games i don't have a spot to attach the wheel to so i had to buy a wheel stand as well. Those alone can cost something close to your budget.

For the wheel itself i would suggest the Thrustmaster T150, compatible with PS3/PS4, it has force feedback and it is just a solid wheel for a very fair price. I'm using it myself as well and it works fine, the only complaint i have is that the pedals require shoes, because playing with bare feet or just socks on really hurts, i think thats because of the profile on the pedals.

And i believe the hori racing wheel is the cheapest out there, you won't find much cheaper out there 

Edited by Lars
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lars said:

Exactly this, force feedback is one of the main reasons to buy a racing wheel instead of using a controller. The big problem with your budget will be where you want to attach the wheel to. Because where i play my games i don't have a spot to attach the wheel to so i had to buy a wheel stand as well. Those alone can cost something close to your budget.

For the wheel itself i would suggest the Thrustmaster T150, compatible with PS3/PS4, it has force feedback and it is just a solid wheel for a very fair price. I'm using it myself as well and it works fine, the only complaint i have is that the pedals require shoes, because playing with bare feet or just socks on really hurts, i think thats because of the profile on the pedals.

And i believe the hori racing wheel is the cheapest out there, you won't find much cheaper out there 

Hmm, surprisingly, i’m in a situation that´s similar to yours, where i don´t really have a spot to attach the wheel to, and from what i’ve seen from looking around on various shops, these wheel stands seem to be very expensive. So might improvise and think of something myself to avoid paying that much :P 

As for the wheels though, the T150 & Hori one seem to be the best picks though, as nothing else really matches it with the budget that i have. Have seen a few videos of a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel (seems to be anywhere from 20-60, used) but that seems to be only working on PS3, and requires additional hardware to even be registered as a wheel on PS4, so thats definitely a bit of a hassle..

Thanks for the heads-up about the T150 pedals though, itll help a bit if I do end up getting one later this month. :) 

7 minutes ago, d1l2e3v4 said:

Hmm, surprisingly, i’m in a situation that´s similar to yours, where i don´t really have a spot to attach the wheel to, and from what i’ve seen from looking around on various shops, these wheel stands seem to be very expensive. So might improvise and think of something myself to avoid paying that much :P 

As for the wheels though, the T150 & Hori one seem to be the best picks though, as nothing else really matches it with the budget that i have. Have seen a few videos of a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel (seems to be anywhere from 20-60, used) but that seems to be only working on PS3, and requires additional hardware to even be registered as a wheel on PS4, so thats definitely a bit of a hassle..

Thanks for the heads-up about the T150 pedals though, itll help a bit if I do end up getting one later this month. :) 

Yeah, the t150 has many features the more expensive wheels have as well. And to switch it between ps3 and ps4 you just have to press a button and switch the cable. Good luck on your find