Sony Reaching Out to ‘Top 1%’ for ‘PlayStation MVPs’ Program

Aranea Highwind

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/sony-reaching-out-to-top-1-for-playstation-mvps-program?abthid=514283fe21e2e1bc07000019

An IGN reader has provided IGN with an e-mail from PlayStation outlining a new program: PlayStation MVPs.

The PlayStation MVPs e-mail was sent to this reader because, as the letter explains, he’s “an avid PlayStation gamer with an impressive trophy collection and a library of games” that “represent the top 1% of the PlayStation community.” You can see the full e-mail below.

4-610x457.jpg

The e-mail links out to a website that prompts you for your birthday before bringing you to the PlayStation MVPs Application. You can see what the application asks you in the screen caps below.

3-610x374.jpg

5-610x437.jpg

21-610x412.jpg

6-610x330.jpg

7-610x428.jpg

8-610x427.jpg

As the initial e-mail states, “PlayStation MVPs are the most highly-engaged members of the PlayStation community. They are experts on everything related to PlayStation and are some of the most influential and important members of the PlayStation Nation. They are the types of players that spend their spare time helping other gamers get their stats up. They help run online events on the PlayStation Network. They create game walk-throughs, blog about their favorite games, and support their fellow gamers on places like the official PlayStation forums.”

Once filled out, the form will be sent to PlayStation, with a promise that Sony will review everything and make a decision about your MVP status in 4-6 weeks.

Let's say the average gamer has 4 plats, this people must have at least 200 min and that's impressive. Also I wonder what the person would get for achieving such status? Maybe an Limited Edition PS3 or a Limited Edition PS4. Also wouldn't this be funny if the person was in the "1% of the world" as well?

The people get a "MVP" badge on the official playstation forums as well as a different color for their name and access to forums only to MVP members even people with only 1 platinum got the invitation to be part of the MVP program i would probably decline if i get such invitation since you will have to do some things and you won't get paid not to mention the amount of haters you will get because they will see you as an "elite" or whatever they might think of the program

That would amazing if someone got in to the program with only 1 plat. I would think that all the walkthroughs and online boosting with others would surely help the person trophy collection and shows that they have a vast collection of games. I would decline too as it seems like a second full-time job. Shame that people are gonna hate on someone over a silly rank. Hatters gonna hat :(