Epic combo. I can't I just keep ragequiting

MAUSZX

So how you guys did it? I am sure I can get the 20 round survival, but epic combo... My God this game is not as responsive to make this trophy enjoyable.

EDIT: I did it, saw a bunch of videos doing it in chapter 3 in the battle against Karai, that was impossible for me, since karai sometimes banish, and there are not enough normal enemies, find out that before getting to that are on the roofs, where you encounter the red ninjas with a hat and 2 swords just before the karai area is easier.

Edited by MAUSZX

• 6 years later...

Does anyone have some advice for this Epic Combo trophy?  I’ve been at this for over 10 hours and I still can’t get this trophy.  I’ve been successful for getting 12 variations, multiple times, but the trophy still doesn’t pop.  Do we know what counts as a “combo variation”?  Does it have to be a full 4 hit combo or can it just be a couple hits?  Thanks

Styles are earned by performing many different attacks in the same combo.

Here's the list of the styles and how many different moves must be performed to earn them:

Gnarly 5
Wicked 6
Awesome 7
Tubular 8
Radical 9
Righteous 10
Bodacious 11
Epic 12 (This is the achievement)
Bananas 13
Booyakasha 14
Cowabunga 15
I love being a turtle 16

Here is the list of attacks that count towards attack variations:
Weapon attack
Kick attack
Counter
Special Counter
Double Counter
Evade Counter
TPKO
Team TPKO
Throw
Team Throw
Shell Shock
Projectile
Taunt
Stealth KO
Special Attack
Stun Combo
Team Attack

eldarion322 posted this on game facqs like 10 years ago.  This helps greatly. 

Almost 15 hours and I finally got the Epic Combo trophy.  I kept replaying the first stage on Survival mode which is Alley.  Progress was slowly made after many hours, and I saw myself getting better styles: from Radical, to Righteous, to Bodacious, and finally Epic.  I used my main turtle, Donatello, to get as many different variations as possible, before finally switching to Leonardo, and then landing a couple variations with Michelangelo. 

Also this game is pretty bad.  I wouldn't recommend it even if you are a TMNT fan yourself.  Big ups to eldarion322, wherever he is.

Edited by nino_mustdie
added paragraph break

Finally, I got the platinum for this game and I've changed my mind: I highly recommend this game despite its shortcomings.  The combat system is actually extremely fun and I prefer this combat system over Mutants in Manhattan.  Survival mode was pretty difficult but very satisfying once I beat Shredder at Round 20. 

Big ups to Red Fly Studio, wherever you guys are.  Please re-release this game 🙏