Leveling Up Lower Level Characters

I was wondering which is the fastest and most productive way to level up characters who are like 6 to 7 levels behind your main party. Also know as Olia and Pat, since when these characters become a party of your team fully they are only level 10. Now I have tried the first tournament with them and they basically get squat from that in experience, and I have tried the tree map an once again no experience really gained in such areas. So if anyone knows where I can level these two up than that would be great; considering the trophy requires everyone to be at level 20 which is kinda stupid but eh.

• 8 months later...

Was hoping I would find some answers here Hahaha. That's pretty much what I've done and haven't come up with much. Are you far into the story? My guess would probably be to just add them into the main party while on current story missions, as much as they will get tramped, its the only real way to get them experience. My party is pretty much a constant revolving door as I'm trying to level them all up but also max out all the bonds. 

I'm not sure how much the original version of the game differs from the updated version of the game: Pulling a ton of enemies at the same time yields a lot of exp. 

Every zone has an upper limit, I'm sure you guys are aware of that. Since the bestiary of each zone is limited, you wouldn't ever level past a certain cap simply because the mobs there won't allow it. 

I found that the best character to use for leveling up is Taika. She is the only character that has an AoE that does substantial amounts of damage. The next best character is Olia, followed by Amon and Ive. It's been a few months so I forget the details, but Olia also gets an AoE attack that hits all enemies, but it doesn't do nearly as much damage as Taika does. Typically, I use Taika to obliterate entire parties of enemies and I use Amon and Ive as cleanup since their single target burst is really good.

The desert area has a cap around 10-12. 
The tunnels leading to the next zone after the desert is like... 12-14.

The fields after the desert is around 16. 

The underwater tunnel is 16-18 or so. Some mobs may be good til 20. 

The final map area is 20. 

Walking into the final dungeon, you can fight groups of 4-5 enemies for a decent amount of exp near the entrance. 
You walk out and you fight another group of 4-5 enemies of a decent amount of exp. 
Go back into the dungeon and repeat. 

It honestly doesn't take that long to get to 20. Once you have access to the final dungeon, it takes like... 1 hour, tops. And that's me being generous. I didn't even finish an episode of a TV show doing this. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 11:58 AM, ShianKiri said:

I'm not sure how much the original version of the game differs from the updated version of the game: Pulling a ton of enemies at the same time yields a lot of exp. 

Every zone has an upper limit, I'm sure you guys are aware of that. Since the bestiary of each zone is limited, you wouldn't ever level past a certain cap simply because the mobs there won't allow it. 

I found that the best character to use for leveling up is Taika. She is the only character that has an AoE that does substantial amounts of damage. The next best character is Olia, followed by Amon and Ive. It's been a few months so I forget the details, but Olia also gets an AoE attack that hits all enemies, but it doesn't do nearly as much damage as Taika does. Typically, I use Taika to obliterate entire parties of enemies and I use Amon and Ive as cleanup since their single target burst is really good.

Walking into the final dungeon, you can fight groups of 4-5 enemies for a decent amount of exp near the entrance. 
You walk out and you fight another group of 4-5 enemies of a decent amount of exp. 

It honestly doesn't take that long to get to 20. Once you have access to the final dungeon, it takes like... 1 hour, tops. And that's me being generous. I didn't even finish an episode of a TV show doing this. 

Thanks a lot! That definitely helps me and gives me some good tips! 

On 10/19/2018 at 11:58 AM, ShianKiri said:

If you don't mind me asking one more thing, where do you go to get blank tiles so you can craft Perk Talents? Because in my game none of the merchants sells them and I have no idea how to get any? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 5:26 AM, wilwheaton5 said:

If you don't mind me asking one more thing, where do you go to get blank tiles so you can craft Perk Talents? Because in my game none of the merchants sells them and I have no idea how to get any? 

Sorry, didn't catch this. Don't know if you already figured it out, but you can buy them from the Frog guy on Frog Island or you can steal them from the Lizards back in the swamp.