Importance of "From Ashes"

ReverieCode

I just finished playing ME2 after playing ME1 and can't wait to start ME3, but I'm a bit worried about the downloadeable content "From Ashes".

It's not as big as the others, only 2 missions and a good gun I think... and an extra squadmate. That's the problem, a squadmate is supposed to be important part of the game, it's a prothean, it... looks like a major part of the whole storyline and I don't want to miss it if I don't buy it.

I don't understand how something like that can be a DLC, I know it came as part of the Collector's Edition... but damn. All the other DLCs are only missions!

The DLC thing makes me angry sometimes. I know, it's not expensive like others but if I can't afford to buy all the DLCs that are available, I can buy another new game instead of 4 DLCs. It's like L.A. Noire all over again, I played the game without anything else, and there is dialog related to a DLC mission that I couldn't understand, then I played it and I saw that they really ripped part of the game... am I supposed to pay 2x the original price?

Anyway... the point of this thread:

If I play the story without "From Ashes", is it too different? Will I miss main plot things, other than the extra experience? I'll definitely buy them in the future, just not right now  -_-

No, it's not that relevant. However the whole story revolves around Reapers and protheans, and the new squad mate is a prothean, so the dlc offers the opportunity to know more about the protheans from a real Prothean, plus he is a badass, and the two missions to get him are real nice too. In additional you get some real interesting/funny dialogues and scenes involving Javik (the prothean) and your other squad mates. In turn you'll discover some things about prothean and Reapers that you wouldn't have imagined by yourself. I'd say it's worth it. And I think all ME3 dlcs are real good, but not necessarily important, but instead they offer more information about the story.

• Like 1

What i don't understand is that they are selling Omega and Citadel DLCs for $14.99 each while Mass Effect 1 is also $14.99. Dammit EA, You charge way too much for DLC

As for From Ashes i thought it was interesting and Javik was an interesting character. (Really liked how he interacts with other characters and NPCs)

What i don't understand is that they are selling Omega and Citadel DLCs for $14.99 each while Mass Effect 1 is also $14.99. Dammit EA, You charge way too much for DLC

As for From Ashes i thought it was interesting and Javik was an interesting character. (Really liked how he interacts with other characters and NPCs)

Honestly there was 5 FREE mp 'expansions', so them charging £11.99/$14.99 for the sp content isn't really a big deal imo.

Edited by blueyoshi5

Honestly there was 5 FREE mp 'expansions', so them charging £11.99/$14.99 for the sp content isn't really a big deal imo.

Ya but its Mass Effect, you don't buy the game for the multiplayer ( it's not CoD or Battlefield) you buy it for the single player. The multiplayer isn't bad but it does get stale and getting random weapons and characters from the packs is annoying. Charging all 4 single player dlcs for 50 bucks is ridiculous, at least there should be a bundle or a pass to get it for less. ( Thats what almost every other game does)

Edited by A-Brawl3r

• 2 weeks later...

This. While I personally don't believe Omega was worth the fifteen, I'm glad to pay the total cost because the multiplayer support was phenomenal, and every minute of the 120+ hours I spent in it on my old account was excellent.