I found a correlation between number of monsters hunted and gold crowns

wackt1

Firstly, my hypothesis is that you can get a random gold crown for hunting at least 4-5 monsters. So I got m data from doing the 2 event quest where you hunt down 5 monsters (this event rotation's quest is Wildspire Bolero). It must be 4-5 monsters because the quests: "Snow and Cherry Blossoms" and "Ya-Ku with that?" didn't drop me any gold crowns whereas each time I did the two event quest in the desert and forest (the one where you hunt 5 monsters in the last event rotation in the forest), I received at least 1 gold crown.

So here is my data:

Coral Waltz: run 1: gold crown small Pink Rathian, gold crown small Legiana, gold crown small Tzitzi-ya-ku

run 2: large silver crown Tzizi-ya-ku

run 3: Large gold crown Pink Rathian, Large gold crown Legiana

run 4: Large silver crown Palomu

run 5: N/A

Wildspire Bolero run 1/6: gold crown small barroth, gold, crown small jyratodos.

run 2/6: silver crown large kulu ya ku, silver crown large rathian, gold crown large jyratodos.

run 3/6: small gold crown Diablos 

run 4/6: silver crown large diablos, gold crown small kulu ya ku

run 5/6: gold crown large Rathian, gold crown large Diablos

run 6/6: gold crown large Kulu ya ku

Deep Green Blues: 1/3: gold crown large great jagras

2/3: small gold crown pukei pukei

3/3: gold crown large anjanath

Apparently, as some pointed out, event quest have higher chances of spawning gold crown monsters.

I will update this page if i find more information.

Edited by wackt1
I misread the results screen for my fourth run on Wildspire Bolero, It was a silver crown large Diablos, not a large gold crown.

Just now, wackt1 said:

I've been busy with stuff IRL, will get back to collecting more information from my hunts soon.

No I mean there is 2 threads with over 250 posts each containing data for crown collection.

You are never going to find a 5 monster hunt outside of event quests and it's already known that Great Hunts are the way to go for Crowns.

Just now, Shadiochao said:

Those two quests have intentionally higher crown chances. Other event quests have special bonuses too, such as higher drop rates, more experience and whatnot. For these quests it's the crowns.

This is all you need to know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jarod1990 said:

No I mean there is 2 threads with over 250 posts each containing data for crown collection.

You are never going to find a 5 monster hunt outside of event quests and it's already known that Great Hunts are the way to go for Crowns.

This is all you need to know.

ah ok