[RUMOR] RAGE 2 in development

TranceVance

According to the details in the rumor section of September 2011 edition of the Official Playstation Magazine Italy, id Software has already started the development work on RAGE 2, the next game title in the post-apocalyptic franchise. This is really surprising considering the fact that RAGE has not even shipped to retail yet.

In an recent interview to Industry Gamers, John Carmack remained coy on the subject of RAGE 2, and only said that at present the development team is adding final touch to RAGE and is psyched for what we’re going to do in Rage 2.

John Carmack stated, "I’m very much looking forward to… everything’s pretty much baked in Rage right now. We’ve got several more weeks to polish everything and get feedback in and do our final bits of polishing, but I’m psyched for what we’re going to do in Rage 2, how we’re going to really play up some of the aspects that it turned out weren’t our bread and butter, previously but added to the game. There’s a lot more we can do here that’ll make it fun. I’m looking forward to working on the other id Tech 5 projects. And we’re in research for id Tech 6 graphics, content development…yeah, I’m super busy,"

Source: Gamepur