Unlocking Final Episode on subsequent playthroughs

So I did my playthroughs in a different order than other people. I was going to get 100% on a beginner file then move to a critical one on each character. The problem I'm having is that I unlocked and played the final episode on beginner but, after collecting all of the xehanort reports on critical, the game didn't prompt me to create a file for the final episode when I went back into the menu at a save point. Did I do something wrong? Is the game seeing that I already unlocked the final episode on beginner and not seeing that I need to do it again? Is there a way to still create this final episode save file on critical by deleting the beginner files even though I've already collected all the xehanort reports and the trigger event to prompt me to create the final episode file may have already passed?

Any help is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, hitormiss905 said:

So I did my playthroughs in a different order than other people. I was going to get 100% on a beginner file then move to a critical one on each character. The problem I'm having is that I unlocked and played the final episode on beginner but, after collecting all of the xehanort reports on critical, the game didn't prompt me to create a file for the final episode when I went back into the menu at a save point. Did I do something wrong? Is the game seeing that I already unlocked the final episode on beginner and not seeing that I need to do it again? Is there a way to still create this final episode save file on critical by deleting the beginner files even though I've already collected all the xehanort reports and the trigger event to prompt me to create the final episode file may have already passed?

Any help is appreciated.

DId you try beating the final boss again with any character on Critical?

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back after completing the reports on beginner and then deleted all beginner save files and the save profile.  Basically, everything except my critical saves right before the final boss fights.  After completing the first final boss battle, the new save profile was created.  I needed to beat each of the other two boss battles to ensure that everything saved correctly.  I did miss one Xehanort report but once I picked that up and saved, the Final Episode popped and it was on Critical.