How!!?

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

I

’ve just tried the campaign quest ‘Tybrands whereabouts’ and it seemed easy enough but after getting to the end goal it just isn’t doable at all.  Basically I had full health, morale, max charge equipped so I thought it would be easy but it was anything but.  After the first fight another fight gets thrown at you with 6 more really strong fuckers and there is no way to beat it with what you have left.

Am I missing any good exploits of levelling up the troop on other things like travel quests or something?  I believe you can exploit those to take 500 steps for something but I have no idea what it does.

Oddly enough, the story missions in this game are pretty much optional. Go spend some time in War, or do some "Single" quests. You can level very easily and quickly, as many missions will scale with your level. The story missions will not, and will quickly become a joke.

As for the 500 steps, I think you are referring to the method for farming the "Short Sights" skill tome. I wouldn't spend time worrying about that quite yet, but do check in from time to time with the leaders of the four capitals - they can give you some nice items.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Yeah the "babysitter" units are for later in the game if you want to power level and make some S rank units. You are right in that it's something you will probably want to check out later, but it really won't be until you get your initial party to level 99 the old fashioned way. Just enjoy the game for now, worry about all that crap later.

To help with that endgame stuff now though, you can recruit Paladins until you find one that learns Overspin. That skill is key to making all the endgame stuff much easier.

I think I've completely ruined the whole thing. 

Basically I classed up being stupid and went from level 34 to level 1 with one of my units. Learned a few new skills, created some grand grimoires for more skills. I'm now absolutely rubbish in any fight, even the easiest ones on the likes of travel quests after losing max charge. 

I really can't be bothered staring again from scratch, am I screwed do you think? 

Also apologies I do doubt sound stupid as fook but I've never played a game like this and everything seems way too overly complicated and I really don't have any idea what I'm doing in all honesty lols.

I knew it was a grind which is fine but had no idea there would be this much too it.... 

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 3:37 PM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

I think I've completely ruined the whole thing. 

Basically I classed up being stupid and went from level 34 to level 1 with one of my units. Learned a few new skills, created some grand grimoires for more skills. I'm now absolutely rubbish in any fight, even the easiest ones on the likes of travel quests after losing max charge. 

I really can't be bothered staring again from scratch, am I screwed do you think? 

Also apologies I do doubt sound stupid as fook but I've never played a game like this and everything seems way too overly complicated and I really don't have any idea what I'm doing in all honesty lols.

I knew it was a grind which is fine but had no idea there would be this much too it.... 

Try online wars to level up combined with Exp boosting skills. It's by far the best way to level. Also, Travel Quests have fixed levels, so going to a high-level area with lvl 1 units will get you annihilated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Try online wars to level up combined with Exp boosting skills. It's by far the best way to level. Also, Travel Quests have fixed levels, so going to a high-level area with lvl 1 units will get you annihilated.

Thanks! I've made a good bit of progress in the last few weeks. I think the game is still unclear as fook but still I'm not doing too bad lol. 

The only thing I'm getting annoyed with now is figuring out how to get the exp boost on my better units to level up the lower ones. I've got 2 level 99s and am working on levelling up a shaman and a paladin for the reflection and lone survivor trophies. 

I know there is a way of swapping skills with gran grimoires but I have no idea how it's done. Any advice on that would be a godsend! 

3 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Thanks! I've made a good bit of progress in the last few weeks. I think the game is still unclear as fook but still I'm not doing too bad lol. 

The only thing I'm getting annoyed with now is figuring out how to get the exp boost on my better units to level up the lower ones. I've got 2 level 99s and am working on levelling up a shaman and a paladin for the reflection and lone survivor trophies. 

I know there is a way of swapping skills with gran grimoires but I have no idea how it's done. Any advice on that would be a godsend! 

I used the field skill Experience for +300% exp and it lasts 3 battles, which is also how many battles it usually take when trying to conquer forts in online wars. I also invested in TEC for units that were leveled up for skills as each point in TEC equals an additional +1% exp. As for swapping field skills with grimoires, you don't swap them. Attack and support skills are learned, but field skills and passive skills are overwritten. Field skills can level up and you can create a gran grimoire once it's level 3, then teach it to another unit. Passive effects don't level up, but you acquire them from random events (the solo lancer dude in travel quests is the most reliable way, though a contracted liege can also give them).

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I used the field skill Experience for +300% exp and it lasts 3 battles, which is also how many battles it usually take when trying to conquer forts in online wars. I also invested in TEC for units that were leveled up for skills as each point in TEC equals an additional +1% exp. As for swapping field skills with grimoires, you don't swap them. Attack and support skills are learned, but field skills and passive skills are overwritten. Field skills can level up and you can create a gran grimoire once it's level 3, then teach it to another unit. Passive effects don't level up, but you acquire them from random events (the solo lancer dude in travel quests is the most reliable way, though a contracted liege can also give them).

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks a million you've been more helpful than you will ever know! 

Ah that's good to hear that a solo lancer is the best option to farm the 500 step trick as I got one at level 99. I'll start working on getting a unit with the exp skill levelled up and then will really start to see a difference. 

Thanks again bud! 

38 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Thanks a million you've been more helpful than you will ever know! 

Ah that's good to hear that a solo lancer is the best option to farm the 500 step trick as I got one at level 99. I'll start working on getting a unit with the exp skill levelled up and then will really start to see a difference. 

Thanks again bud! 

Good luck, if you want some additional help: I have a lvl 99 Valkyrie with Max Charge for hire, which increases attack and defense with 10% for 3 turns and she got me the 99-combo trophy. I see you don't have that trophy yet, so if you have a Move Up or Action Up flag, you can use that unit to get the trophy. If you're interested, search for captain Dragon or the mercenary squad Dragons.

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Good luck, if you want some additional help: I have a lvl 99 Valkyrie with Max Charge for hire, which increases attack and defense with 10% for 3 turns and she got me the 99-combo trophy. I see you don't have that trophy yet, so if you have a Move Up or Action Up flag, you can use that unit to get the trophy. If you're interested, search for captain Dragon or the mercenary squad Dragons.

Oh that would be great I'll definitely take you up on that thanks :)

15 hours ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Probably a really stupid question but where the hell is the option to search? 

Also any good location tips for the skilled trophy? Tried it for 2 hours with a lone shaman but never any luck. 

I forgot the exact name of the menu option, but it's the option where you can check your own squad, contracted country, and search for other players. After clicking that you'll see this menu:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor grand kingdom search

Here you go to Search.

For Skilled I went to the first travel quest area and fought battles until encountering a Lancer, leave 1 enemy alive, kill the rest (including the lancer). Escape, then re-enter the same fight. The Lancer will have respawned with 1 HP and will charge a skill. Afterwards, use Reflection and wait for the lancer to use the skill, thus killing himself.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I forgot the exact name of the menu option, but it's the option where you can check your own squad, contracted country, and search for other players. After clicking that you'll see this menu:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor grand kingdom search

Here you go to Search.

For Skilled I went to the first travel quest area and fought battles until encountering a Lancer, leave 1 enemy alive, kill the rest (including the lancer). Escape, then re-enter the same fight. The Lancer will have respawned with 1 HP and will charge a skill. Afterwards, use Reflection and wait for the lancer to use the skill, thus killing himself.

Thanks I'll have a search today and get that combo trophy boxed off. 

I got the skilled one last night on a travel quest on another shaman :)

5 hours ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Thanks I'll have a search today and get that combo trophy boxed off. 

I got the skilled one last night on a travel quest on another shaman :)

Tried searching the words from the guide but can't find any valkrie level 99 in anything.

Have tried searching every squad, captain, comment, search tag but nothing and I even investigated each one.

Ah well not to worry i'll start working on levelling my own one, it'll come in handy as I'll use it for the lone survivor trophy as I can't stand the paladins they are annoyingly slow.

On ‎18‎-‎5‎-‎2018 at 2:13 PM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Tried searching the words from the guide but can't find any valkrie level 99 in anything.

Have tried searching every squad, captain, comment, search tag but nothing and I even investigated each one.

Ah well not to worry i'll start working on levelling my own one, it'll come in handy as I'll use it for the lone survivor trophy as I can't stand the paladins they are annoyingly slow.

Weird :hmm: , this is the Valkyrie unit:

Spoiler

wXOp8jr.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Weird :hmm: , this is the Valkyrie unit:

Hide contents

wXOp8jr.jpg

Just couldn't find her at all, found one called Susan at level 98 but nothing else sadly. 

Its all good though as I can use the one I'm currently working on with the other 99s for the bounties and winner of a fierce battle trophy. 

Thanks for all your tips and assistance so far it's been a massive help!