A Quiet Place review

Grace5959

Good? Or bad?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Good? Or bad?

Blegh. Nothing but a shit-fest of inconsistencies and retarded decisions. The ending made my Nan go "What the fuck!" in a high pitched tone due to something happening, everyone just accepts it, then they look happy for no reason, and then the movie ends. Also, who in their right mind thinks "Oh, so we can't ever make a sound again, lets have a baby". You'd have to be so fucked in the head to actually do that. I guess they couldn't keep it in their pants or something? What the fuck? How are they so dumb? I actually have trouble processing this. Sigh. Calling this movie "Horror" or "Thriller" is pushing it. None of these characters are slightly motivating in anyway, and me and my Nan literally spent the next hour yelling questions at each other about the movie and how nothing makes sense.

So I'm waiting outside the toilet for her, at the end of a corridor-like place. I see her make a turn out of the doorway, and she immediately starts yelling a question at me. I nearly spat everywhere.

How terrible, I know @Crispy78923 agrees with me, but what are your thoughts on the movie?

Yeah I have to say, the whole baby part really messed with me. I don't understand why the hell they thought having a child in this post-apocalyptic world where sound will kill you was a great idea. Right when I saw that she was pregnant I was like "well this is gonna end horribly". I was actually cheering for the creatures in the movie to eat the baby and be done with it ?

Overall, I thought it was pretty slow-paced, especially in the beginning, but it definitely built up into some good, intense scenes that make the movie worth a watch. You definitely need to see it in theaters or with an amazing surround-sound system because the sound effects in the movie really make it that much more intense (that's the whole point of the film). I found myself hardly breathing when it would get incredibly quiet and tense.

Be warned, though: this film is incredibly quiet throughout most of it. You have been warned. Don't bring loud snacks or cough or breathe loudly or everyone in the theater will attack you after the film.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A Quiet Place is a nerve-shredder. It’s a movie designed to make you an active participant in a game of tension, not just a passive observer in an unfolding horror. Most of the great horror movies are so because we become actively invested in the fate of the characters and involved in the cinematic exercise playing out before us. It is a tight thrill ride—the kind of movie that quickens the heart rate and plays with the expectations of the audience,  so it’s a really good horror movie.

• Like 1