Quick Question about the weapons

Just picked this up and so far, I do like the game.  However, I do have a question, it's about the sword, shields and staffs in particular.  Once one has been identified on the dungeon floor, it will stay like that for any duplicates you may find right?  As in, say, I have my Ivy Sword, another sword that I find that has the name "Somone's sword?" or something similar like that, it wont be another Ivy Sword right? As in, it'll be a new sword that I've yet to find?

I keep finding different weapons with those sort of names and it's pretty much like, I don't know if I've got the same sword or not each time xD

OK first off you will cease liking the game pretty quickly...just throwing that out there.

As for the unidentified items as long as you are in the tower they will remain identified. Once you leave the tower and go back in (or go to a new tower) they may or may not be identified (it is random). The later towers have more unidentified items as well

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK first off you will cease liking the game pretty quickly...just throwing that out there.

As for the unidentified items as long as you are in the tower they will remain identified. Once you leave the tower and go back in (or go to a new tower) they may or may not be identified (it is random). The later towers have more unidentified items as well

Let me guess, the fights later on? Ah well, we'll see how it goes, whether it's the fights, or some sort of RNG thing or whatever.

But I see what you mean with that now, that may start to get annoying after a while, especially with the limited space she has on her x.x

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Let me guess, the fights later on? Ah well, we'll see how it goes, whether it's the fights, or some sort of RNG thing or whatever.

But I see what you mean with that now, that may start to get annoying after a while, especially with the limited space she has on her x.x

Well it is a combination of a lot things 

Here is my small rant about the game for Recent Plat but it also contains a link to Yuri's rant which is 2 pages long

Here is someone's else rant

and another

and another 

and another 

:)

Sure sounds like fun then.  But yeah, grinding I can see for sure, but hey, who knows, I may like it in the end still, or I may not, you never know.

But at least you were able to clear up the thing about weapons for me, at least so I know what to expect on that part anyway.

7 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Sure sounds like fun then.  But yeah, grinding I can see for sure, but hey, who knows, I may like it in the end still, or I may not, you never know.

But at least you were able to clear up the thing about weapons for me, at least so I know what to expect on that part anyway.

One huge piece of advice I can give is this.

Make sure you level up a weapon to completion before switching. Each weapon/shield has 3 forms that are needed for 100% so if you level 1 weapon up to the 2 tier and then switch weapons you may end up losing that other weapon (due to a bird eating it, a garlic guy deleting it or any other stupid thing that can happen) and then you have to level it up again. Get it to level 3 to get it in the book and then immediately switch to a new weapon. You want to keep leveling stuff up to save yourself time in the end...because that is where the grind is.

Get a spreadsheet of all the the weapons and cross them off as you go.

Also weapons are random so try to get at least 1 of each weapon/shield and keep it in your room. Then when you are going to a tower take 2 or 3 that you need and make that your goal as you go through the tower.

It really doesn't matter what you use because once you get to +99 (which you have to do anyways) everything does 1 damage to you and you kill everything in 1 or 2 hits. So just sync the weapon you are leveling up with your +99 weapon and then use that until it is Level 3.

It is a huge grind but it is not difficult at all. 

Ah, I may have sold the odd weapon here and there, but ah well, I'll pick up whatever I have and will sell any duplicates afterwards while putting away each weapon.

But thanks for telling me about that now, still early in the game, so no big deal there just yet.

Ah, I may have sold the odd weapon here and there, but ah well, I'll pick up whatever I have and will sell any duplicates afterwards while putting away each weapon.

But thanks for telling me about that now, still early in the game, so no big deal there just yet.

Oh I will say don't sell anything until you have it to Tier 3. You may get something eaten, destroyed, transformed etc and then you got to find it again. Some stuff can be stupid rare and you don't want to waste time trying to find something. So even if you have it as a duplicate don't sell it. 

There is a money glitch if you can find a Decadent Dirk where you can get infinite money in like 15 minutes. Just do that and you will never have to worry about money again

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/693051-sorcery-saga-the-curse-of-the-great-curry-god/68338452

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh I will say don't sell anything until you have it to Tier 3. You may get something eaten, destroyed, transformed etc and then you got to find it again. Some stuff can be stupid rare and you don't want to waste time trying to find something. So even if you have it as a duplicate don't sell it. 

There is a money glitch if you can find a Decadent Dirk where you can get infinite money in like 15 minutes. Just do that and you will never have to worry about money again

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/693051-sorcery-saga-the-curse-of-the-great-curry-god/68338452

Yeah, it's only some of the earlier weapons I've sold.  But I can more than likely get them back.  But at least I know not to sell them until tier 3.

Still figuring all that out via the game, so no big deal there just yet in regards to what I need to use on the weapons and all that.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, it's only some of the earlier weapons I've sold.  But I can more than likely get them back.  But at least I know not to sell them until tier 3.

Still figuring all that out via the game, so no big deal there just yet in regards to what I need to use on the weapons and all that.

Yeah you figure it out as you go. Like I said it is not a hard game, just lots of grinding :)

Good luck with it and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah you figure it out as you go. Like I said it is not a hard game, just lots of grinding :)

Good luck with it and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have one now... I just found a shop in a dungeon.  How do I buy items off the person there? I walk over the item, he tells me how much it is, but that's all, no option to buy it.

I have one now... I just found a shop in a dungeon.  How do I buy items off the person there? I walk over the item, he tells me how much it is, but that's all, no option to buy it.

Because it is really stupid...that is why :)

Now I could be mean and say pick up the item and leave his store and watch what happens ^_^

But the actual way is to pick up the item like you normally would and then walk over to the merchant and talk to him. He will let you buy it. 

You can also drop an item in his store and talk to him and that is how you sell it.

You can only buy 1 item at a time.

Now that being said you need to kill all the merchants to complete the Enemy Book (each tower has a different merchant) if you do steal an item he will chase you and if you are not strong enough he will kill you very quickly. A trick I figured out though is if you can arrange to have Puu (or whatever his name is) to block the door the shop keep will kill him and he will die blocking the doorway. Now you can just keep casting spells at the merchant until he dies :).

It's weird, because how I've picked up items in the game so far is just walking over them and she automatically picks them up.  Did not realize the circle button actually picks up items as well.

But I paid for what I was after, wasn't about to beat him up yet, maybe another time I'll try xD

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah he will destroy you at this early of a stage. Once you have your 99 weapon/shield he is nothing. Same goes for the Minotaur as well.

Figured as such.  I mean, I would, but I'm not in the mood for dying yet xD

Granted, I do need to do the 50 knockouts thing, but no rush for that right now.

By the way, how do I know if my weapon is to be changed into another weapon? I have the Ivy Sword +1, I've been giving it things, but it's still staying at +1 right now.  So maybe I need to give it other items to make it +2.  Either that, or I'm just doing something wrong.  Same with the shield I have, that's not even at +1, so not sure what I need to do for it.  But again, I am still in the early stages right now.

15 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Figured as such.  I mean, I would, but I'm not in the mood for dying yet xD

Granted, I do need to do the 50 knockouts thing, but no rush for that right now.

By the way, how do I know if my weapon is to be changed into another weapon? I have the Ivy Sword +1, I've been giving it things, but it's still staying at +1 right now.  So maybe I need to give it other items to make it +2.  Either that, or I'm just doing something wrong.  Same with the shield I have, that's not even at +1, so not sure what I need to do for it.  But again, I am still in the early stages right now.

OK first off make sure you are using a checklist. Here is what I used. This is REALLY helpful. Download it for yourself and use it to mark off every weapon/item/book etc. My advice is don't delete anything until you are out of the tower and saved it because the game can crash OR your +99 weapon gets eaten and you rage quit. Trust me it is often better to redo a tower than to lose your +99 weapon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-lAlGNcgYislhu_m7_9yDMP5ycLiq9_Eji-at1dPYg/edit#gid=2

Second you have to combine a + weapon with another + weapon. For example. 

If you have a +2 Ivy Sword and +1 Sword you can combine them for a +3 Ivy Sword (or +3 Sword depending on what item you use first). 

Swords combine with Swords, Staves with staves and Shields with shields. Now if you have a weapon or shield with out a + or - then it doesn't add any numbers to the item you are combining it with.

ALso remember you need a -99 and a +99 equipment for a trophy. So my best advice is to have a Sword, Shield and Staff with going at the same time as you don't know which you will get first to 99. Also you will need them at 99 when leveling them up anyways so it is always good to have 1 of each. 

BUT at the same time also have a Sword, Shield and Staff going in the negatives as well as this is much harder to do so the faster you get one of these items to -99 the better (that is why you do all 3 at the same time as you don't know what you will find in the dungeon).

There is also a skill that allows you to combine items in the dungeon. You learn new skills by feeding Puu food. These skills are random so some good advice is to feed Puu with whatever garbage you don't need that you find lying around. Basically all the items are useless so just keep feeding him as you need to feed him anyways so he doesn't bitch and moan later. Some items take away his life but just keep feeding him to get his skills. The one skill to stay away from though is the one that makes him eat on his own. This is a great way to lose items as he will gobble them up before you get to them.

Ah, so that's why nothing was happening, I have to combine my Ivy Sword with another weapon for it to change.  But that list there will be helpful.

I have been getting rid of items here and there... once I'm full on the list and wish to pick up something I might not have had before.  Well, more like feeding items to the monster dude with me.  But at least I now know why the combining thing wasn't doing anything for me at the moment.

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yes, you will get the hang of it :)

Read through the trophy guide as well as there is some good advice in there. Seriously this game explains fuck all to you so it is best to do that to have some idea of what you are doing.

Yeah, I noticed that, the game has not explained fuck all really, but I am getting the hang of it so far.

9 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah, I just googled a bunch of stuff and people on gamefaqs explained most of it for me ^_^

I actually have a question about weapons again.  Well more so about items as well as weapons.  The curse effect or whatever it is, what does that actually do? I went through a dungeon, my weapon and shield got cursed (somehow, not sure what cursed them) along with an item or two.  But nothing much seemed to change though.

14 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I actually have a question about weapons again.  Well more so about items as well as weapons.  The curse effect or whatever it is, what does that actually do? I went through a dungeon, my weapon and shield got cursed (somehow, not sure what cursed them) along with an item or two.  But nothing much seemed to change though.

Everything can curse you :( You can pick up a cursed item, you can get cursed from enemies, if you eat cursed curry you get cursed etc.

Also cursing does is you can't use that item while it is cursed. So if you leave the tower the curse is removed. The main concern is if it curses a weapon or shield you are holding you can't take it off while it is cursed. 

So basically it is annoying but not too harmful.

Now the biggest problem is when it curses items that you need like Rice or Curry ingredients as you can't use them until the curse goes away. And being full of curry gives you more exp so it sucks when you are leveling up your weapons/shields