Playstation TV Discontinued?

iLL-Mortick

Probably way off-topic, but it seems like they have discontinued the PSTV and Vita in Norway!

This is very annoying, as I have multiple cross-buys I want to plat on PSTV/Vita. 

Do anyone here know where they still sell these? Preferably the PSTV as it seems that is the best choice. 

I rather not use eBay, Amazon and similar sites as I don't know how they work and I certainly do not trust to get what I ordered from those sites when it all comes down to foreign trust.

All help is appreciated! ( I've tried my local "craigslist" but these things aren't as big here as elsewhere)

1. AFAIK they discontinued the TV everywhere and the Vita *almost* everywhere.

2. The PSTV is dope but you gotta do the whitelist hack thing or else a literal shitload of games won't work at all.

3. eBay is fine to buy a PSTV from. If the transaction goes south or they sent you a busted one, complain and you either get a refund/replacement there and then, or you take it further to PayPal who sort you out proper quick with a refund. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

1. AFAIK they discontinued the TV everywhere and the Vita *almost* everywhere.

2. The PSTV is dope but you gotta do the whitelist hack thing or else a literal shitload of games won't work at all.

3. eBay is fine to buy a PSTV from. If the transaction goes south or they sent you a busted one, complain and you either get a refund/replacement there and then, or you take it further to PayPal who sort you out proper quick with a refund. 

Whitelisting? I've heard the term before, but don't know the meaning tbh. 

So I need a PayPal account to buy on eBay?

And isn't eBay like craiglist just worldwide and with bidding wars? 

How can I be sure of a refund/replacement of the person living on the other side of the world?(Just an example)

Thanks tho, might revisit the idea of eBay if I like what i'm hearing! ( As stated, I'm unfamiliar with eBay as I've never used it)

9 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

How can I be sure of a refund/replacement of the person living on the other side of the world?(Just an example)

Thanks tho, might revisit the idea of eBay if I like what i'm hearing! ( As stated, I'm unfamiliar with eBay as I've never used it)

There's "buy-it-now" pricing which seems more popular nowadays then it use to be- so no bidding.

I recommend PayPal. I think there are other ways, but PayPal gives you added security.

You can narrow down on location. I, for example, can say I only want to buy from people in the U.S.

Ebay also sides with the consumer often, so if there's an issue you are pretty safe. 

I bought a phone off of ebay last year and had no issues. And if the price is too good to be true, then don't go for it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

There's "buy-it-now" pricing which seems more popular nowadays then it use to be- so no bidding.

I recommend PayPal. I think there are other ways, but PayPal gives you added security.

You can narrow down on location. I, for example, can say I only want to buy from people in the U.S.

Ebay also sides with the consumer often, so if there's an issue you are pretty safe. 

I bought a phone off of ebay last year and had no issues. And if the price is too good to be true, then don't go for it. 

Yeah, I've been lurking on eBay while fiddling with the filters. Most likely buy one there as it seems it's the most viable choice. 

I have a few follow up questions tho;

There are different power sockets for example US and EU - so will I be able to easy get a power cabel for the PSTV where I live? GameStop etc, better yet if it's a simple powercable like you put in TV's (got a bunch of those)

Also, what is the too good to be true price on these? I've seen some for 100$, is that the regular price or just someone trying to be lucky?

Yeah, eBay is definitely the way to go to find these things. If you are worried about buying from someone in another country, you can always refine your search within your country (Norway). You can talk with a seller to set up payment in a variety of ways, even in your local currency, especially if the seller is from your same country. Paypal is, however, the most preferred and recommended way to pay here whether if you're buying from your country or from someone abroad. Paypal gives you added security to recover your money in case something goes wrong with your purchase. And you are covered up to 180 days from the date of purchase. I have bought a number of things from sellers in the USA, China, and Japan and found both Paypal and eBay to be extremely useful.

Some quick tips. Remeber to check the seller's feedback before purchasing. Some sellers are actually stores that sell through eBay as well while others are from any random guy/girl selling whatever they may have. What you want to see in the feedback is that the seller has received positive scores from its buyers and that it has at least a reasonable amount of time selling there.

Another good tip, don't trust offers that are too good to be true.

Concerning your question on the power cable, I've no idea. Really don't know how the power sockets in your country are. My guess is that the power cable should work regardless as most devices nowadays are made to work on most common current/voltages/line frequencies around the world (AC 100 - 240 V; 50/60 Hz) You may need a plug adapter depending on the kind of sockets in your house and those should be pretty easy to find on a hardware store or any kind of store that specializes in electrical equipment. If someone else can back me up on this, it'd be great.

In regards to the prices, what exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for a new or pre-owned unit? Do you want it bundled with a game or with a controller? If you are buying used, do you want it to come complete with its box, instructions, and everything else or you want only the console with its cables (no box)?

Also, take in mind prices vary from country to country depending on custom, taxes, and availability. Currency exchange rates may also factor into the equation.

I don't have the console yet but I have been looking at prices for some time so I could give you an idea. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yeah, eBay is definitely the way to go to find these things. If you are worried about buying from someone in another country, you can always refine your search within your country (Norway). You can talk with a seller to set up payment in a variety of ways, even in your local currency, especially if the seller is from your same country. Paypal is, however, the most preferred and recommended way to pay here whether if you're buying from your country or from someone abroad. Paypal gives you added security to recover your money in case something goes wrong with your purchase. And you are covered up to 180 days from the date of purchase. I have bought a number of things from sellers in the USA, China, and Japan and found both Paypal and eBay to be extremely useful.

Some quick tips. Remeber to check the seller's feedback before purchasing. Some sellers are actually stores that sell through eBay as well while others are from any random guy/girl selling whatever they may have. What you want to see in the feedback is that the seller has received positive scores from its buyers and that it has at least a reasonable amount of time selling there.

Another good tip, don't trust offers that are too good to be true.

Concerning your question on the power cable, I've no idea. Really don't know how the power sockets in your country are. My guess is that the power cable should work regardless as most devices nowadays are made to work on most common current/voltages/line frequencies around the world (AC 100 - 240 V; 50/60 Hz) You may need a plug adapter depending on the kind of sockets in your house and those should be pretty easy to find on a hardware store or any kind of store that specializes in electrical equipment. If someone else can back me up on this, it'd be great.

In regards to the prices, what exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for a new or pre-owned unit? Do you want it bundled with a game or with a controller? If you are buying used, do you want it to come complete with its box, instructions, and everything else or you want only the console with its cables (no box)?

Also, take in mind prices vary from country to country depending on custom, taxes, and availability. Currency exchange rates may also factor into the equation.

I don't have the console yet but I have been looking at prices for some time so I could give you an idea. 1f605.png

Thank you for the information!

What I'm looking for is basically a working microconsole with everything in original pack included (cable etc).

So basically, as long as the stuff needed is included and the console is working and it's cheap i'm more than happy!

Saw one "wholeseller" with a few PSTV for 44,99$ each - To me this would be cheap and considered too good to be true. But is it? 

When you're mentioning controller, do I need a DS3/4 controller or a brand new specifically for PSTV?

Again, thank you for your reply!

3 hours ago, iLL-Mortick said:

Thank you for the information!

What I'm looking for is basically a working microconsole with everything in original pack included (cable etc).

So basically, as long as the stuff needed is included and the console is working and it's cheap i'm more than happy!

Saw one "wholeseller" with a few PSTV for 44,99$ each - To me this would be cheap and considered too good to be true. But is it? 

When you're mentioning controller, do I need a DS3/4 controller or a brand new specifically for PSTV?

Again, thank you for your reply!

Any original DS3/DS4 controller will work with the PSVita.

Third-party or Bootleg controllers may or may not work with the console. I have read some of them work fine but there are others that don't work at all. Just mentioning this in case you have any of these controllers lying around.

Saw the listing for $44,99 you mentioned. That wholesaler is selling the console with the power adapter and an HDMI cable without the original packaging. What will be shipped to you is what you're seeing in the pictures on a generic box. Other sellers also have the console without its original packaging at around the same price. That same seller has the brand new console (with its box and everything) for $64,99. Most new ones are around $65-80.

It seems around $55-60 would be a fair price to pay for what you're looking for. You could go lower without the box.

I'm looking to purchase almost the same thing as you. A good used console in its original packaging. Although, I was more leaning towards getting one of the bundles that came with a DS3 controller and pay around $75-80 for it. But that will be for later, as I'm more focused on getting the regular portable Vita first.  ?

Good luck with your purchase! ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iLL-Mortick said:

Ebay has a money back guarantee within the first 30 days after the estimated delivery date, where you can return an item for whatever reason you want, buyers remorse, item not as described, broken etc. If the seller refuses to refund you for the purchase, you can escalate the case through ebay and they'll automatically close it in your favor, refund your money, and let you keep the item as well. Ebay has major protections for buyers after sellers abused the system in the early days. Even if you're past your 30 day period with ebay, you have 180 days to file a refund claim through paypal and they always side with buyers too in an item not described situation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Any original DS3/DS4 controller will work with the PSVita.

Third-party or Bootleg controllers may or may not work with the console. I have read some of them work fine but there are others that don't work at all. Just mentioning this in case you have any of these controllers lying around.

Saw the listing for $44,99 you mentioned. That wholesaler is selling the console with the power adapter and an HDMI cable without the original packaging. What will be shipped to you is what you're seeing in the pictures on a generic box. Other sellers also have the console without its original packaging at around the same price. That same seller has the brand new console (with its box and everything) for $64,99. Most new ones are around $65-80.

It seems around $55-60 would be a fair price to pay for what you're looking for. You could go lower without the box.

I'm looking to purchase almost the same thing as you. A good used console in its original packaging. Although, I was more leaning towards getting one of the bundles that came with a DS3 controller and pay around $75-80 for it. But that will be for later, as I'm more focused on getting the regular portable Vita first.  1f605.png

Good luck with your purchase! 1f44d.png

Thank you so much for the help, you guys have def turned my mind on eBay!

I think I'll go for the 44,99 as it's the cheapest I saw and with everything needed! As I'm only going to use it for easy plats I've already bought and platted on PS4 :)

If you don't mind me asking, but what do you want both for? 

Isn't the microconsole the same as Vita, just not handheld?

Either way, BIG thanks! Will most likely order one tomorrow when gf's paycheck arrives ?

26 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Ebay has a money back guarantee within the first 30 days after the estimated delivery date, where you can return an item for whatever reason you want, buyers remorse, item not as described, broken etc. If the seller refuses to refund you for the purchase, you can escalate the case through ebay and they'll automatically close it in your favor, refund your money, and let you keep the item as well. Ebay has major protections for buyers after sellers abused the system in the early days. Even if you're past your 30 day period with ebay, you have 180 days to file a refund claim through paypal and they always side with buyers too in an item not described situation.

Seeing this def makes me more secure about purchasing stuff from eBay so thank you for letting me know!

10 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

If you don't mind me asking, but what do you want both for? 

Isn't the microconsole the same as Vita, just not handheld?

That's the normal madness of a collector ha ha ha xD

Just joking, I want the regular portable console to play the games like they were intended to be played on a portable device and the TV variant is mostly for the HDMI output to play on the big screen. I won't be taking the portable console away since I work from home and I really don't travel or go out that much. This isn't a country in which you can take a Vita (or any piece of technology for that matter) on the open either.

My girl told me that I should only get one of the 2 consoles and recommended the regular handheld. That's probably the wisest thing to do actually. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Just joking, I want the regular portable console to play the games like they were intended to be played on a portable device and the TV variant is mostly for the HDMI output to play on the big screen. I won't be taking the portable console away since I work from home and I really don't travel or go out that much. This isn't a country in which you can take a Vita (or any piece of technology for that matter) on the open either.

My girl told me that I should only get one of the 2 consoles and recommended the regular handheld. That's probably the wisest thing to do actually. 1f605.png

Ahh, I originally was looking for a PSVita (before I knew about PSTV) and it does look awesome - I had a PsP back in the day and it was quite fun for a while!

Hope you find what you want and get a good price on it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

My girl told me that I should only get one of the 2 consoles and recommended the regular handheld. That's probably the wisest thing to do actually. 1f605.png

I've got  an extra one if you're serious about it

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I've got  an extra one if you're serious about it

Not right now. I'm looking to make my purchases between June and August. The PS4 and the handheld Vita will be purchased first from local sellers as I'm looking to save on shipping and taxes. The Vita TV though, that'll be the last one I'll be purchasing. And I will probably have to purchase that one through eBay from a seller in the USA as I have never seen that console here.

Thanks for the offer.

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Not right now. I'm looking to make my purchases between June and August. The PS4 and the handheld Vita will be purchased first from local sellers as I'm looking to save on shipping and taxes. The Vita TV though, that'll be the last one I'll be purchasing. And I will probably have to purchase that one through eBay from a seller in the USA as I have never seen that console here.

Thanks for the offer.

Well, when you do get around to it, just send a message and I'll throw it up on my eBay store, I am based in the United states

/end shameless self-promoting

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well, when you do get around to it, just send a message and I'll throw it up on my eBay store, I am based in the United states

/end shameless self-promoting

Awesome! Will do.?

If you sell any video game related stuff on eBay let me know via PM. ?