Many game titles missing number at end

This issue has been going on for about a month or two now. Not sure what caused it or why I am the first to report this.

I noticed the following games are showing incorrect titles. There is no "number" at the end of certain game titles.

Street Fighter IV is just showing up as "STREET FIGHTER".

Super Street Fighter IV is just showing up as "SUPER STREET FIGHTER".

White Knight Chronicles II is just showing up as "White Knight Chronicles"

There may be many more, please everyone look around and report them here.

Example:

wafweafawbvu1t.png

Edited by HipHecooblik

What are you talking about?

The official title on PSN for that specific game is "STREET FIGHER IV Trophy Set".

And it doesn't matter what PSN says or not. Does PSNProfiles write the lists word for word with "Trophy Set"? No.

It's up to this site to write it correctly.

The "Trophy Set" things at end of titles were a mishap by developers who forgot to write that in the game info (where you press triangle to view) and by mistake wrote it in the actual title of the games. Note a lot of EARLY trophy lists do it. It's redundant and the official title for that game as an example would be "STREET FIGHTER IV", stylized in capitals because that's how the Japanese write certain titles in English.

Gee, don't think I needed to explain all that.

Please don't tell me you're actually supporting this as accurate. Then I've really lost all hope.

Edited by HipHecooblik

I'm sorry, didn't realise that horse you were on was so high...

Every list I have seen has a different way of writing it, but end of the day you obviously want to troll more than anything else - might actually bother when you know how to answer politely ...

• Like 3

No, I reacted that way because these are legitimate issues with the site I'm reporting on, and you reacted in a way that made it look like there's no issue, because it must be right if that's how PSNProfiles has it.

This is not an argument. This is factual reporting. But that reply was necessary because you replied in a way that made me think that any suggestions to this site are incorrect, because if nobody brought it up before, there must be no issue. That this forum you frequent, which again, is just a forum away from the main functionality of the site. That this site is perfect as it is with no room for building more. Except the site is in infancy still.

I suggest you go back to the chitchat section if you are going to attack anyone in this more serious section that applies to constructive development critique and suggestions.

Now, back to the issue. No discussion about who is "polite" or not. My goal is to help build this site to be better. I have no time for favoritism.

Edited by HipHecooblik
  • Like 1

This was probably a bug or something, the same with the region mission for games with multiple trophy lists.

I think it's good to point those things out so Sly and the mods known there's something wrong they may not notice, but there was no need for 2 different threads for this, since the problem is basically the same (errors in the naming of some trophy sets).

If I lumped all of the game title issues into one thread, then the fact of the matter is it would be too long of a post and it would be ignored.

Just like many of the things I write are very detailed and long, it is ignored by most because most people on the internet just want to prop their feet up and not think much.

I don't really care if things I say are ignored by the forum frequenters here. My goal is for just the staff to read these things and hopefully implement them. I even offer to help along the way. But sometimes I wonder if even they will bother reading detailed constructive criticism.

Now with separate threads for different step-by-step development tasks, it is much more easy to wrap your head around.

Edited by HipHecooblik

Well I spotted one game in my list that fits the criteria but wasn't aware if it was a fault on PSNP or PSN but just checked my trophy list on the PS3 and it has the V at the end.

SOULCALIBUR V is down as just SOULCALIBUR.

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, that's another one I spotted.

It seems something went wrong on PSNProfiles where games with roman numerals at the end are removed from titles. Not sure if it's not just roman numerals or not, but we will have to look around to be sure.

Found another.

Star Trek: D-A-C only showing as Star Trek: D

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/215-Star-Trek-D

Right, OCD. I would hate to see the site you build if you're so careless.

Such useless comments belong in the chitchat section, not here in the development section.

This is a site that's main purpose is cataloging lists of information. That information needs to be accurate.

On topic: This was the easiest fix of my 4 "game title issue" threads. I again urge the staff to go and read (and reply to) the other 3, which deal with possibly not as miniscule categorization issues.

Edited by HipHecooblik

Maybe give them time to look into the issues ?

Step back. I only emphasized that point because in the past very detailed and essential tweaks to the site I proposed were quickly buried and ignored by the staff. I now send this message to them, and if it happens again then my hope for enhancement and evolution to this site may scatter away.