Not buying modern games or consoles until later...

AJ_Radio

6 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

i almost never buy modern games until later these days, not like im into the hype others are, i tend to never be. 

i just like my games more patched more complete and that means waiting

Ill never buy new game at release spend high price point of game when can wait year or two and get it for half price 

or even with 2k drive last year came to plus and that released 6 months later or with current ps plus offerings evil west only year old 

so definitely worth waiting 

• 3 weeks later...

Day one releases have been a big no-no for me for many years. I broke that when I bought the Yakuza remastered trilogy, but I knew the game had zero issues. Before that the last game I bought on day one release was GTAV for PS3. I refuse to be a part of the gamer problem by continuously buying broken products on day one. 

As for PS5. I just don't see the point. It's difficult to find a game at this point on PS4 to play, and as the PS5 has zero games interesting for me I can't see me gaming much longer. 

Publishers and gamers have destroyed developer creativity by the demanding the same crap over and over again, and publishers then give the devs a fraction of the time needed to get the games out. The indie scene is saturated with utter crap too. 

I always wait, I have to big a back log to bother buying new games, the exception are things like Baldurs gate physical, final fantasy collection physical, games I know are good and will possibly increase in price like crazy if I wait like ff collection 

I haven't bought a new game at launch in ages.  Years.  I buy games that are at least 4 to 5 years old and only when they are on sale.  As far as the PS5 goes and the only two games for it so far that I'm interested in - Final Fantasy XVI and Stellar Blade - I'll get around to getting a PS5 in magbe 3 or 4 more years and I'll enjoy those two games then.