Classic Gaming Back With a Chaotic Vengenance! Randomizer thread

SquidBaronet

(If this thread is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it to the right spot.)

freetheheartless.png

Who Sora should have allied with, not those pansy modern Final Fantasy characters! :P

I am here to announce that I am no longer going to be visiting these forums much anymore due to this little thing called a randomizer. What is a randomizer? It's a rom-hack of an old video game (like for the Super Nintendo) where the major things have been randomly placed all over the game. It started with a randomizer hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and spread to other games, even RPGs. The screenshot above is from this video, which is an exhibitionary speedrunning race of a FF4 Randomizer called Free Enterprise. In this version of FF4, you get two random characters and one of the key items in the game as well as the Enterprise airship and you are free to travel all over the world and collect random characters and key items - the story elements have been mostly removed and the dialogue has been stripped from the game for the most part. If you have played FFIV Advance and done the post-game where you could swap characters, this is like that only you can have any party you want. Want to take down Zeromus with Rydia, Palom, Porom, Tellah and Yang? You can do that! The creator of the romhack, B0ardface, created an open-world version of Final Fantasy IV and removed all of the story triggers, so Palom and Porom don't turn to stone after you beat Kainazzo... or his equivalent! Yep, all of the bosses are re-assigned to random positions, so the first boss in the Mist Cave will probably not be the Mist Dragon, it might be Bahamut!!!

If you want more information on this interesting romhack, visit this page to see the site and the various flags you can set to suit your playstyle. If you loved playing Final Fantasy IV, then you owe it to yourself to check this site out!

(PS: I do not know about this site's tolerance policy for emulation of video games, so advance sorries if I violated the terms of service.)

Either...

A. Stop saying you are not going to be visiting the forums again and just enjoy the great community we have here.

or

B. Just actually don't visit the forums again and stop announcing you are leaving.

Nobody is going to beg you to stay or tell you to leave.