Time Trials Are Infuriating

Zidarnet

This game has some really short time trials and this is the only reason i do not have the base game platinum. I just can't seem to beat the hunting grounds trial "Ravenger Control Trial." Override 2 Ravengers and destroy the Thunderjaw. Ive tried so many times but they're either too far apart, enraged and hard to overcome or the Thunderjaw gets involved too early , ect ect. any helpful tips from you peeps?

Change the difficulty to Story, it lets you 1) move about more freely as the enemies are less likely to notice you, so you can override the second ravager much easier, and 2) destroy the Thunderjaw much quicker (sometimes the first Ravager will kill it before you've even found the second).

Also you can use your Ropecaster or Tripcaster on the second Ravager if it spots you to tie it down so you can override it. That way you just run up to the first, override, run straight to the second without any concern for enemies (if you're on Story difficulty), tie it down with your Ropecaster/Tripcaster, override it, blast the crap out of the Thunderjaw with your slinger bombs (and if you have a co-operative Ravager who decides to attack it and not the Watchers, it'll go even quicker).

• Like 2

What I did is, start the trial but don't go down the rope yet. Scout out where they are and lock on to all three enemies. Wait until they are in a proximity where you could get to them fast enough. I had my stealth high so I could just run to a ravenger and override it without too much trouble. Then just ran to the other one as quick as I could and took control over him. Then just spammed bombs at the Thunderjaw until I saw a disk launcher on the ground. Used it to finish off the beast with time to spare.

Keep trying, you'll get it in no time.

This was one of the more frustrating trials (sneak attacks on the ravagers with the *invisible guys* was my personal frustration).

Echoing what everyone else said - Sneak and take over one of them, then either Tripcaster or Sneak Take over the other.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, SwampGas said:

This was one of the more frustrating trials (sneak attacks on the ravagers with the *invisible guys* was my personal frustration).

Echoing what everyone else said - Sneak and take over one of them, then either Tripcaster or Sneak Take over the other.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, Crimsonfire44 said:

What I did is, start the trial but don't go down the rope yet. Scout out where they are and lock on to all three enemies. Wait until they are in a proximity where you could get to them fast enough. I had my stealth high so I could just run to a ravenger and override it without too much trouble. Then just ran to the other one as quick as I could and took control over him. Then just spammed bombs at the Thunderjaw until I saw a disk launcher on the ground. Used it to finish off the beast with time to spare.

Keep trying, you'll get it in no time.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:57 PM, Kristycism said:

Change the difficulty to Story, it lets you 1) move about more freely as the enemies are less likely to notice you, so you can override the second ravager much easier, and 2) destroy the Thunderjaw much quicker (sometimes the first Ravager will kill it before you've even found the second).

Also you can use your Ropecaster or Tripcaster on the second Ravager if it spots you to tie it down so you can override it. That way you just run up to the first, override, run straight to the second without any concern for enemies (if you're on Story difficulty), tie it down with your Ropecaster/Tripcaster, override it, blast the crap out of the Thunderjaw with your slinger bombs (and if you have a co-operative Ravager who decides to attack it and not the Watchers, it'll go even quicker).

On 6/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, SoberNSane said:

I used the highest level sneak armor that you can purchase in the game. I think it gave me an advantage - so those machines didn't see me coming. I have to say -if I can do it ANYone can do it. Hope it works!1f601.png

Thank you so much guys for all the helpful info. I completely forgot about Story Mode. I'm going to try that and then get back to you folks here. I appreciate it all much!!!! So much detail C:

• Like 1