Great time to play

Blackmist_FFXI

If you've been away for months like me. Or never played AW

Now is a great time to play~

More maps

Low que ( instant-2 mins)

Seemingly healthyer community

Currently a x100% exp and credit gain event and daily 1st victory x5 boosters.

Easy to quickly advance

Come play~ 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
  • Like 1

Its like world of tanks meets war thunder.

More arcadey - not as many tank options as wot. Or wt.

You have your pvp missions of capture/defend the point with 3 types of " power up cards" such as a AC130. Uav drone and pill boxes. Or a stealth bombing run. ( all there is atm)

Unlimited respawn in pvp mode

Requires some team work and communication..but you can easly play solo.

Tends to be a 5v5 ~ 7v7

Theres a second pvp mode. That is a 15 v 15 battle of what i assume is capture the base.  Ive never seen anyone que for it sadly.

Que times are far better now then at launch.   Longest que i had was 10 min this week Avg. Has been 4 min.

PvE mode is were everyone is....

No joke.  The "players searching for match" bars of Teir / type ( main battle tank (mbt) / light tank ( Lt) / afv ( fast attack vechical * tank destoryer / spg ( artillery) are typically full.

**Not sure why ppl enjoy pve.  Even with x2 daily reward. Premium. Insignia an global boosters ( + all sources of exp credits)  your lucky to get 2.5k out of a 10 min match on hard.  Were as a 15 min ( or less depending ticket bleed)  pvp global op will get you 8-12k. W.o prem.  W daily victory x5 i avg. 30k ( 90 w the current event)

Even on a loss still get 5-7k and 80-100k credits. 

In pve : You do 3 stage step obj. With 5 others difficulty scales from easy - to nightmare./ hard core

2nd pve mode ( Caribbean crisis) is similar to orginal but is suposed to have storyline/lore elements.

The game isnt cross server or platform. So. Ps4 cant play with pc.  And us cant play with eu.

No idea if they intend on changing that

W.o premium or any type of free boosters. You can net 8-10 k a match easy.  And 1-200k credits

Daily log in chests and daily challange quests give exp / credits. And boosters. That can give + exp + commander exp + rep. + premium time ( i got a 7 day premium token from one)

An getting thru tanks isnt a slog. Like in wot or as. Bleh spendy as war thunder.

My tottal play time since beta/early access is 2 days 10 hours.  I have 50 tanks fully unlocked and upgraded.

4 t6. And almost every teir 1~4 from each dealer ( aka faction/nation) misc. T5's

* some of the auto- loader afv "tanks" are o.p - they tend to use ambush tatics / light tank wot spam tatics.

Since theres unlimited respawn. You never have to wait for your tank to get out of battle.

Some trophys are in my opinion buggy.

Like get 5 kills with VBL " size matters"  pulled off 5 kills. No trophy ( they pop at end of match) - might need to be from tow missles only not outside sources like air strike / pillbox / ac130

Drive 10k miles - my profile says 0 miles driven.

But devs seem.to be.actively patching that. And they are retroactive.

Logged in to get "unlock 100 modules" after already 100% on 45 tanks. ( average tank has 3-5 modules. Engine loader thermal binos)

( today alone ive unlocker 2 t 5 and 1 t6

300k research and 12mill credits and that was just maybe 4 hours of playing)

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Forgot some info / deleted repetitive garble
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...