Will PS1 system Japanese import will work in North America

Syphon_Filter

I want to get some good PS1 games and especially those soccer games series Winning Eleven. On Ebay as we know the sellers are greedy a lot and one seller is asking 120 dollars for ISS PRO 1. I was thinking to get a PS1 system Japanese imports and buy the games for it as they are so cheap since they are playable only on systems such as NTSC-J. If I will buy a PS1 system that is Japanese NTSC-J will it work here in Canada? Thanks for any help.

If the system AND the games are for the same region, they should work anywhere. The only problems could be the video-out compatibility with the Japanese system and the Canadian TV or the differences in voltage/amps that the 2 countries use. Problem 2 can be fixed w/ a volt/amp converter. The first could be fixed by buying a Japanese TV...

...or you could just mod the Canadian PSOne system with a region free chip and keep on chugging...

No...i bought a NTSC version of a Harry Potter PS1 game and it would not work on my PAL PS3

Sorry i misread...

I'm pretty sure a Japanese PS1 system will work anywhere if it has NTSC-J games

Ohh ok thank you. Yeah, our North America TV resolution is 480i standard and 60 frame as the Japanese which I think will work. Power is not  a problem as I can use a converter. Thanks.

If the system AND the games are for the same region, they should work anywhere. The only problems could be the video-out compatibility with the Japanese system and the Canadian TV or the differences in voltage/amps that the 2 countries use. Problem 2 can be fixed w/ a volt/amp converter. The first could be fixed by buying a Japanese TV...

...or you could just mod the Canadian PSOne system with a region free chip and keep on chugging...

I think the TV video-out compatibility its the same as I bought so many games from my PS3 Japanese PSN and they worked just fine on my TV.. As I have read. NTSC-N and NTSC-J have the standard resolution and only the games are being made locked not free region by the developers who uses codes 0012 in the disc.