my phone is refusing to move my data to my SD card

yiazmat50112254

hi,

i have a smartphone (samsung galaxy J3) with a very small standard memory of 8GB.

the only things that's on there is mostly standard stuff. i only downloaded just 3 another additional things: what's app (66MB), pokeren.nl app (7MB) and yu-gi-oh duel links (1.78GB). as you can see, duel links is the only large thing on there. first i tried to delete stuff of which i was certain enough it's unnessecary. after some time i decided to buy an SD card to be able to clean my internal memory and have enough space again.

today i bought one i and moved the apps right away. i started with duel links as it's my largest app and after a short time it succeeded, or so i thought. because when i watched better i saw my memory got from 98% full to 97% full (it should have been about 22% difference, not just 1%). so i checked what gone wrong, and i saw only 139 MB has been moved. on top of all this, i decided to move my other things instead, but every app is impossible to get moved, including the things i downloaded myself. duel links is the only app that has the option "move to SD card" even to be clickable. and even that one that does "allow" to be moved does only move 1% instead of the 22% it should be doing! ?

i really hope someone can help me with this because it's really annoying and i'm unable to update anything when it's full of data that doesn't want to move!

thanks a lot if someone knows something that might help,

yiazmat50112254

Edited by yiazmat50112254

I can't really help, because it's been a while since I had an Android that even allowed SD cards, but I remember it was always a hassle. It would try to keep X amount on the phone's storage and it would differ GREATLY from app to app. Like back when the Xperia Play was my main phone, I remember things like Vice City having the option to move to SD and there'd be like 5mb or so left on the phone and the gig and a half of game files on the SD card, then you'd have stuff like Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 that would need 30 something mb on the phone with no option to move to SD, sounds like not much, but the damn phone only had just under half a gig of internal memory.

Anyway, if I recall, there's apps, something along the lines of App2SD or whatever, that will let you force the data to jump onto your memory card instead, but again, it's been too long, I can't really offer any help other than saying "download an app and have a crack".

I miss the extra storage, sometimes, but I don't miss the absurd hassles that come with having a memory card in an Android for some reason. 

• Like 1

thanks both of you for the responses.

i've been trying the whole day to fix all this, but sadly enough without succes.

i started with the app2sd app you referred to and worked myself further from there. there are indeed apps like this one that can force your apps to move to your sd card. i also read it can make your games slower but because i haven't much choice i gladly take it.

however soon i found that these apps require something called rooting. which is kinda meaning you use a special download to remove your restrictions and be able to do way more then normally. but there is a big flip side, there are many warning these root downloads have risks of destroying your smartphone. but as i said earlier, i don't have much of a choice. so i decided to search which ones are most safe and kingoroot seemed the best by far. so i downloaded that one and without problems i got it to my pc, however when i started to move it to my smartphone, it gave an error that is couldn't been downloaded, i gave it several attempts afterwards but still the same result. so i deleted it and started searching for another one. i had to do this several times and eventually i had tried out 5 different options, 2 from the play store, and 3 from the pc. 1 of the play store seemed like it worked, but after i tried link2sd i had to download as well earlier, it mentioned there wasn't any root on the phone. the other one i found wasn't to root teh phone, but to manage stuff when there alredy is a root, so that one was useless as well. about the other 3, i already mentioned the first one, the second had similar results, and the 3rd one was a real virus scam. gladly enough my anti virus scan picked them up even after being needed to allow the download earlier. 

after all this trouble i decided to search for an option without rooting to make it possible, but in only a half hour i had seen anytihing i needed to know there isn't such a thing.

because it took me all day to find a way to fix this shit and still i have nothing. i still like to ask if any of you or someonoe else knows of something i haven't found yet?

i'll gonna sleep now since it's nighttime now and i'm tired of all the searching.

thanks,

yiazmat