Online/Co-Op Issues?

allsop1986

Has anybody else had issues regarding online play. At first the Game Lobby either doesn't show anyone "online" and just constantly searches or it shows folk online but im unable to select anyone either randomly or under the friends tab. Managed to connect once but restarted as my mic was apparently low volume. Never had connection issues or mic issues in any game beforehand. I was aware co op was glitchy in terms of not saving progress etc but theres glitchy and just plain broken....  :hmm:

I'm sorry to break this to you...but yes. It is plain broken. I put over 200 hours into Dead Island while trying to platinum it, and I soon found out that it takes serious dedication if you want to enjoy the online. Only once in awhile will it actually work

• Like 1

Go bloody figure... Thanks for the quick response. Strangely when I deleted the save and downloaded my back up it showed game sessions in the lobby (green dots next to the names) but same issues once I backed out the menu or quit the game and went back in again. At least I know its a widespread issue and not me having a funny one.

Edited by allsop1986

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been having a lot of issues with online co-op as well.  The game either keeps freezing on me, or just plain fails to connect to my intended target in the first place.

Also, has anyone else had bad luck with the people they're connecting with?  On more than a few occasions, the second I arrive in another person's game, they and/or their partners will instantly become hostile and begin attacking my character shortly before booting me.  I can understand only wanting personal friends in a match, but manage your slots appropriately, don't just be an asshat right off the bat if the other person doesn't know they aren't supposed to be there.   :angry:

----------

Tried again a few days later.  Still not having any luck.  Might it have anything to do with too many devices in the house clogging up the WiFi?  I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the technicalities of online usage.  

----------

This is getting ridiculous.  I got lucky and had someone help me with Into The Light, but how am I supposed to get People Person if I can't even play online for more than 5 minutes?  It freezes constantly.  I just want to plat this damn thing already.   :angry:

Edited by serialzero1979