Should the 'Fastest Achievers' list be retired?

I'd like to start out by saying that on a pretty basic level, I like the idea of this list. It adds a level of impressiveness on top of achieving an already impressive feat (i.e., achieving the Platinum/100% on a game). The reality of the matter however, is that the majority of games I've looked at have lists populated by people that have obviously achieved it through less than legal means. 

I'm aware of the fact that Sly and the team do a pretty great job of banning cheaters, but it's always going to be an uphill battle. I for one, would be happy to see the list retired - the 'Fastest Platinum' category on a user's personal page is good enough for me. That said however, what do you guys and gals think?

I believe banning the hackers and cheaters has been put on the back burner for a bit, but once Sly has things in place to automatically catch cheaters as well as the ability to report them again the lists should be back to being a useful resource. I see no reason to get rid of it unless Sly plans on not doing anything about the cheaters, and I don't believe that is his plan.

Parker

• Like 2

I believe banning the hackers and cheaters has been put on the back burner for a bit, but once Sly has things in place to automatically catch cheaters as well as the ability to report them again the lists should be back to being a useful resource. I see no reason to get rid of it unless Sly plans on not doing anything about the cheaters, and I don't believe that is his plan.

Parker

Fair enough. I was just concerned that Sly and the staff would feel obligated to put time into catching and/or tracking cheaters when they could be doing things to improve the overall user experience - i.e., the awesome new update to the Statistics page. 

I would like it to stay as well. Some games, to my believe, have no cheaters in that mentioned aspect (speedy 100%).

Ive found myself shortcoming only somewhat hours on a couple games for the fame list and that gives me the impression that the others must have been legal too.