Path to Enlightenment Trial

SitusKiss

Working on the trials of St. Lucia and am now stuck on the final wave of "Path to Enlightenment" where you have to take down 3 flaming Minotaurs :shakefist:

I can manage to damage them enough to get 2 of them pure black but, have failed to kill even one of them so far. There is no time limit so I've tried keeping my distance and spamming the holy cross attack but, they always seem to clip me from charging off-screen. Jumping doesn't help as they still hit you with an upward axe slice. I've tried charging :circle: for the overpowered attack but, with 3 of them one always seems to get through.

Even unleashing almost a full redemption bar on them doesn't seem to cut it here; it's like they have way more health than previous encounters :(

Anybody have a technique to get me through this?

Edited by bmj14772

I haven't made it that far yet. :(

Rough strategy guide for EA trials

There's three posts at the bottom of page 1 that seem pertinent. Have you looked there or tried any of those strategies? I think I read somewhere that you could just spam the quick holy attack. It'll take forever, but it will kill them eventually. There is one post in particular at the bottom of the first page that says to jump and do three quick holy attacks (circle) and then two or three strong (triangle). That might be a good starting place. If Dante is still in the air after three holy attacks, try L2 + triangle as a finish to the combo. L2 + triangle while in the air is a beast if you can fit it in.

Sorry about the link to the 360 site. I couldn't find much trial discussion on the ps3 sister site.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

Well, I got a little further on my last attempt whereby I actually killed one of them but, I was so torn up by that point that I couldn't hold out against the remaining two :(

I'm getting closer I suppose. I ended up taking a break and forgot my system is set to shut down after 2 hours and lost my progress, lol. Fortunately, Rowdi and I cleaned up all but 1 coop trials :highfive:

Only 4 trials away from 100% now w00t!

• Like 2

The only thing I can remember about those trials was spamming circle. I hope you can use this tip to your advantage.... if not, sorry. And good luck!

Yeah, we've figured out that holy, especially Dante's charged holy, is overpowered. It's the flaming minotaur demons that are causing the problem. One of them wouldn't be that bad, but three of them are a nightmare.

Trial Completed!

I finally decided to go at this again. Based on the advice of @Rowdi, I set up a practice session in the trial editor and experimented. The difficulty if this trial is only Zealot so I started there. I dropped 3 Malecodas in with default settings and easily destroyed them. So I edited them and maxed out there stats... Brutal aggressiveness, 5000 health, etc. needles to say, they were much harder. I still cleaned them up easy by being aggressive.

So, after building up my confidence, I fired up the trial an blazed through it. When I got to the final wave with the 3 Malecodas, i had full redemption, full health, and full mana. I decided to spam :circle: from as far away as possible for a while to weaken them. I kept as much distance as I could until I noticed them starting to turn full black when their flames went out from the holy cross. At this point I got aggressive. I moved in, activated my shield and redemption. I used the following combo to attack them: hold down :l2: and hit :cross: (x2) followed by :circle:

This focused a heavy amount of damage on them and immediately followed with a holy slam that kept their flames out. I repeated this, trying to focus on one at a time until I got the :r2: prompt. I had to keep activating the shield in between as needed until I ran out. I grabbed one of the mana fountains during my last shield and went right back at them to finish up. Note: if the :r2: prompt cones up on one of them, don't activate it while your shield is on! This will cancel your shield and any regeneration effect that was left on it.

I had them finished off before running out of mana again and never needed the 2nd refill fountain.

Good luck to those that follow :)

Edited by bmj14772
  • Like 1