Contest/Event Ideas With Rewards (Ideas Needed)

A couple years ago Sly made a contest where the person who had the most referrals would win a game.  I spoke to Sly about the possibility of bringing a contest like this back, but he didn't seem like the idea had much interest in it.

Before we begin with the rest of the thread, if it came down to a prize, I would be more than happy to chip in, or pay in full, whatever the cost of the prize may be.

I was thinking of ways in which there could be a contest that would benefit PSNP, and its forum members but not too many ideas came into my head.  If anyone can toss some in there, I'd appreciate it.

Idea 1:  Trophy Guides

Obviously, there are many games out there that do not have a trophy guide.  Maybe a contest could be made where users can make trophy guides for games that don't have any.  Of course, these would need to be QUALITY guides, and not half ass guides. And just to make it even more legit, the guide writer would need a PSNP "A Ranking" or higher on the game for that guide to be qualified.  

Idea 2: Plat Contest

Maybe every month there can be a new game that can be thrown into a Plat contest.  Everyone's goal could be to competitively Plat that game.  Only gamers who have platted the game during the contest are eligible for a prize.  At the end of the month, prizes can be issued.  Maybe a special user title or user group for a month?  Maybe everyone can get 1 year premium?  Maybe names can be randomly drawn for higher prizes?

Possible Prizes For All Contests:  1 Year Premium, Lifetime Premium, Special User Title, Special User Group, Possible Video Game, User Group Icon (??)

Any more prized ideas and contest ideas would be wonderful.  Remember, in the end of the day, the contests should be able to benefit both the users and PSNP in some kind of way.  Again, if need be, I wouldn't mind throwing in the cash to make these prizes happen.  As long as its a reasonable price range per month.  Would be interested in hearing more ideas.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

Hmmm....I would like to see some contests actually. Since we are just throwing out some ideas, I have one off the top of my head.

Okay, there is a lottery, and two random contestants are chosen. For examples sake, let us say we were chosen. So, Legend and Mr_MovieMan29 are now the captains for the two teams.

• We both pick 5 other members to be on our team.

Then, the 2 teams of six compete in a competition, and it could be really anything. Who can get the most trophies in a week, who can get everyone to platinum a game first, which team can all get a certain trophy first, etc...

The winners then get their names highlighted in blue or get a badge....or whatever until the end of the next competition or someone can take them down. That means the winning group stays in a team, and a new team is selected until a new team becomes the leader.

To make it fair, you could just have both teams selected at random if that would make it more diverse.

That is just my thought, I could think of others, but there is one idea.

This is just a rough idea, and I'm sure it has a lot of holes you'd have to figure out, but I think we should have a lottery with trophies. Randomly (via raffle or whatever method) choose X amount of trophies (we'll say 5 for this example) from a pool of games that are semipopular and if anyone matches all 5 trophies, they can claim their price (whatever it is) on a thread or something. And for each month no one claims a price, the better the reward becomes. I guess if a bunch of ppl have all 5 trophies, then either do first come first serve or split the price, it's up to you :)