"Passing the Time" Trophy Not Unlocking

animeflame12

5 minutes ago, animeflame12 said:

I unlocked every other trophy but couldn't get this one to unlock. I even started a new world with the all the latest updates and made sure to keep track as I played for 100 days. Even then, it didn't unlock. I think it's bugged.

Are you sleeping at all in your calculations? Because one of the trophy guides states that if you go to bed at night it won't count the hours you slept. Other than that only thing I can suggest to you is to just wait some more. It takes 33 hours of in-game time to unlock the trophy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Are you sleeping at all in your calculations? Because one of the trophy guides states that if you go to bed at night it won't count the hours you slept. Other than that only thing I can suggest to you is to just wait some more. It takes 33 hours of in-game time to unlock the trophy.

Really? Everything I read suggested that sleeping would still count. Would it still be possible to play 100 days over multiple worlds?

22 minutes ago, animeflame12 said:

Really? Everything I read suggested that sleeping would still count. Would it still be possible to play 100 days over multiple worlds?

Here's the exact statement I was referencing, as for how valid it is I'm not entirely sure. This guide also mentions that if you were playing your old world on a patch earlier than 1.31 then your old world's hours won't count. It's safest to just play the 100 days on one world (your newest and patched world). Hopefully you've already put a ton of hours into the new world, so you won't be too far off the trophy.

Sorry if I'm not much help, I've personally not experienced this issue in too much depth as when it came time for this trophy I just dug a hole underground and left my console idle/rubberbanded my analog sticks until it popped.

• Like 2

@Empovyle is correct, sleeping doesn't count towards this or any other trophy in Minecraft. The stats for this trophy are supposed to count across multiple worlds but I could never find any concrete evidence to back that up so it's best to stick with one world and wait it out until the trophy pops.

Pre-1.31, there was a game breaking bug that corrupted the stats for this trophy and forced a lot of people (myself included) to delete everything to do with this game and restart from scratch. If you are using any saves which date back that far, then you may well have this bug so will have to delete everything and start over but you will be safe if you started playing Minecraft after 1.31 came out.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1