Buckle in for a white-knuckle ride!

Wade_VC

For those of you who enjoy racing games, especially hybrid sim/arcade type games, Need for Speed:Shift is simply awesome!

The Graphics are astounding, and the game play is about as realistic as one could ever imagine or want. You feel every shift of the gear, every rumble of the track, and with the first-person view of the track (there are several viewpoint options available); Need for Speed:Shift will make you feel as if you are truly in the race.

Everything from hair-pin turns to challenge your cornering abilities, to long wide-open straight-away's to peg the speedometer, Need for Speed:Shift is a thrill ride you will not forget.

The view of the road when you select to play in First Person view from inside the cockpit of the car is as close as the real thing as you could get. The HUD display just adds to the excitement and thrill that your turbo (or nitrous) powered car can deliver. You feel every little bump, and vibration, and you can actually feel the thrust of these cars as you shift and dump your foot on the gas pedal.

ss_preview_Shift_BrandRelease_Jan23_jpg.jpg

You can customize your car in a myriad of ways, everything from how it steers, the suspension, gearbox/tranny, drive-train; and even custom paint jobs & rims to match your style and personality.

You earn cash depending on how well you race and, naturally, where you place in the races. The monies you earn can be applied to improving the performance of your current car, or save your winnings to purchase a better car all together.

If you want a true racing experience that has just enough bells & whistles to blow you away, but not so complicated it makes your head swim, Need for Speed Shift is the racing game you may want to add to your collection.

Hone your skills in single person offline play, then enter the world of the "Big Boys" online for a true racing experience!

need-for-speed-shift-screenshot-499x279.png

This has always been one of my favourite racing games since it was released. Wade pretty hit everything spot on. The only complaint I had was the career felt a little unbalanced to me. Other then that very minor complaint I would reccomend this game to any racing fan.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

i got this game a couple of weeks ago and i am quite impressed, the further i progress the more enjoyable it becomes.

i agree with broy300 about it being unbalanced at times and ive had a few glitches but not severe glitches and im about 3/4 of the way through career so far!

the graphics are good especially the cockpit view!!

i still think gt5 is better but it depends whether you like a sim racer or arcade racer.

have any of you guys got shift 2??? how does it compare??

i got this game a couple of weeks ago and i am quite impressed, the further i progress the more enjoyable it becomes.

i agree with broy300 about it being unbalanced at times and ive had a few glitches but not severe glitches and im about 3/4 of the way through career so far!

the graphics are good especially the cockpit view!!

i still think gt5 is better but it depends whether you like a sim racer or arcade racer.

have any of you guys got shift 2??? how does it compare??

To be very honest I think Shift 1 is a better game but don't let that scare you away from Shift 2. When it first came out it seemed to me that Slightly Mad went a little too far with the "realistic" handling and many people complained. They patched it and I almost consider it perfect it that department now. I can recommend the Legends DLC and sitting back with a quality racer.