Theatrical Knight bug?!

Javherin

18 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

Any solution for this bug? My character is at level 20 and only does 1 hp damage to the boss. What I have to do? Level up? Or is there a way to beat him? The game worked fine until this boss. 

You only have 2 solutions, use poison potions or if you have someone at hand, in local coop turn turns to be bait until you defeat the Gorilla, otherwise level up to try to nullify the bug.

Edited by GoldenShaka
Typo

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but to save any current/future players being put off from this part of the game, this bug/glitch actually has an easy workaround - so easy, in fact, I think it might be part of the game (considering this is the only boss which acts this way).

You're all talking about needing to level up (to 30+) or to use special items (potions) in order to defeat him but I think it's actually about proximity and timing. When I reached this boss I was about level 20 or so and had the same problem as everyone else - my hits were only dealing one damage. However, after many attempts I realised that the one-hit damage, whether by accident (glitch) or design is not consistent. Every five or so hits, especially when up close, deals massive damage if hit in quick succession.

So, the best strategy to beat this boss is to simply run in close and mash the attack button. You will only deal one damage at first but constant attacks will stun-lock him, and every five or so hits will deal massive damage. You can kill him in about 30 seconds simply by running in close and mashing attack. I've done this several times, both in solo and co-op. It always works. There's no need for grinding to level up or using poison potions or any other items.

TL:DR... Just run in close and mash the attack button. Simple. (I do recommend you are at least level 18 though, but you should be that level anyway by that point.)