Difficulty and Completion Time of Destiny

Darpiom

Hi Raiders! 

Almost all guides about this game give around 8 as difficulty grade. But when I looked at the trophy description and especially completion rates this grade feels like overly exaggerated from outside, given that number of owners of the game very high, also, as it generally lowers completion since many players don't pay attention to trophies or dropping halfway

Also,  guides foresight very long completion times (200 hours in here psnp for the fully expanded version). Online trophies dont seem grindy, and look like easily boostable, although base game requires 3 playthrough I remember the game has received negative response for lack of story content. So, how can these numbers be reached for 100%

Can you guys playing the game say something about these topics? 

Some of the trophies have to be done over a course of weeks due to the weekly reset like collecting all the medallions to unlock a DLC trophy and so fourth.

The guide was originally published in 2014 which was one year after Destiny launched and you needed a lot of different materials to upgrade weapons and armour which in turn affected the length of certain trophy's which now in 2018 you can just breeze past because of a lot of these ideas were scrapped with expansions and updates. 

Also Flawless Raider completing a raid without dying takes time to do when you are running a full raid team so multiple retrys are needed unless you are a pro then fine not so much. 

So yeah i would still agree with the guide at 100 hours because a lot of the trophies are grindy and depends on a good team to knock them all out.

My total playtime of Destiny 1 with all expansions i played was about 1660 hours i would say about 110 hours of those were trophy-focused. 

Edited by DarkSoleride

Should not take more then 50hours if you are playing the raids with a group that knows how to do it and you mainly do the dailys...

Only real pain in the butt in my opinion is the 3 classes perked out,

Also as far as i can remember you dont need to beat the game if you have the complete collection, just leveling yourself accordingly to that dlc is enough....

(Though if i remember correctly you do need to put work in one character for raiding)

56 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Some of the trophies have to be done over a course of weeks due to the weekly reset like collecting all the medallions to unlock a DLC trophy and so fourth.

The guide was originally published in 2014 which was one year after Destiny launched and you needed a lot of different materials to upgrade weapons and armour which in turn affected the length of certain trophy's which now in 2018 you can just breeze past because of a lot of these ideas were scrapped with expansions and updates. 

Also Flawless Raider completing a raid without dying takes time to do when you are running a full raid team so multiple retrys are needed unless you are a pro then fine not so much. 

So yeah i would still agree with the guide at 100 hours because a lot of the trophies are grindy and depends on a good team to knock them all out.

My total playtime of Destiny 1 with all expansions i played was about 1660 hours i would say about 110 hours of those were trophy-focused. 

The flawless raider is honestly very easy, i never played crota and a guy literally carried my ass... if you have one guy that knows how to play crota then you should be fine honestly