Starting PS3 games through PS Now

Nock_N_Load

Does anyone else have issues starting PS3 games through PS Now?  I've both streamed and downloaded PS4 games and the games seem to start and play fine but any PS3 game I load up and it takes me to a start screen asking me to hit Start, I cannot load the game.  Its really very strange.  I loaded up God of War and it has a menu screen but doesn't specify to hit start to begin playing the game, just takes me to the main menu but I can play it fine.  It just seems like it is any PS3 game that takes me to a screen that says something along the lines of "Press Start to play" or something like that and it won't do anything at all.  Has anyone else come across this issue before? 

Well thanks for that tip lol.  I just starting playing the PS4 a few days ago and had no idea that the touchscreen was actually a button. I was hitting literally every other button and nothing was happening. I feel dumb now.   So is the start button mapped to the touchscreen only playing PS3 games? 

Edited by Nock_N_Load

2 hours ago, Nock_N_Load said:

Well thanks for that tip lol.  I just starting playing the PS4 a few days ago and had no idea that the touchscreen was actually a button. I was hitting literally every other button and nothing was happening. I feel dumb now.   So is the start button mapped to the touchscreen only playing PS3 games? 

It's a touchpad, but yes. That's how it is for PS3 games on PS Now, it tells you that on one of the PS Now info screens as you boot up any PS3 game. Sometimes a PS4 game will use the touchpad as a button for other things (like opening up a world map is a common one), but it's rarely if ever used as a pause/start button, that's options.

Sometimes games that say "press start" at the title screen will work with any button press, others are sticklers for no reason and require the start button be pressed. I've never really understood the point of the title screen, let alone that restriction on some of them.

But glad you figured it out. Enjoy.

Edited by Elvick_