Shenmue Voice Actor Teasing Sega Project? Could It Be Shenmue 3?

Lady Lilith

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/53000/shenmue-voice-actor-teases-sega-project

shenmue.jpg

This could be related to something interesting, or it could be nothing at all. It looks like the voice actor of Ryo Hazuki, the star of the classic Dreamcast action adventure game Shenmue, is teasing something on his Facebook page.

Corey Marshall just updated his cover and profile picture on Facebook. One of the two pictures shows the voice actor in a recording studio. On its own, the image doesn't really say much. But the second photo is what catches our eye here. It shows Marshall standing in front of a poster while showing off the Sega logo. Apparently this particular picture is actually an old photo as seen on the Sega forums, but the image of Corey in the recording booth appears to be brand new. A conclusion can easily be formed with the two pictures together.

marshall.jpg

marshall2.jpg

Is the actor teasing something or is this all just a coincidence?

One guess is obviously Shenmue 3. But does anyone believe the game is going to happen? Though, this was teased during GDC a few months ago, whether it's a joke or not:

A more reasonable guess could be upcoming DLC for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, the follow up to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Ryo Hazuki was a playable racer in the first All-Stars Racing but went missing for the sequel. Or maybe it's just some social game for mobile.

Either way, as a fan of Shenmue, this got me excited for a second but I can only see this news ending in disappointment. Anyone have guesses on what Corey Marshall may be teasing for Sega, or is this just a huge coincidence that Corey updated both his profile and cover photos?

If Shenmue 3 comes out and is a Nintendo exclusive I will go out, buy a WiiU and smash it on the ground in a fit of rage. Then I'll buy another and play the hell out of Shenmue III.

Seriously though, Shenmue is one of my favorite gaming series of all time and I've been waiting for the conclusion for years and years. Sega knows how popular the franchise is so they'd have to be crazy not to release the third game. A Shenmue HD collection with an announcement of the third game would make my year.

Parker