Beware - Online stealing and grief

Raresito96

Hey!

Since many people just get into this game as being free kn PS+, just wanted to PSA that if you play online and store your items on a personal island, it can be accesed by other players, which can get any items you placed there. Can get annyoing and your items can get stolen.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I might be wrong here, but as far as I know only friends, invited players and players you share you session information with (like in communities) can join your server. There is no problem with online stealing and griefing.

Also, PODI (I think that's how they called the update that allowed players to be on different islands at the same time) isn't a thing on console, so anyone who joins will be on you island anyway and you can watch what he does.

Edited by bioxz

10 minutes ago, bioxz said:

I might be wrong here, but as far as I know only friends, invited players and players you share you session information with (like in communities) can join your server. There is no problem with online stealing and griefing.

Also, PODI (I think that's how they called the update that allowed players to be on different islands at the same time) isn't a thing on console, so anyone who joins will be on you island anyway and you can watch what he does.

This^

Griefing is non-existent in the PS4 version, because there is a multitude of privacy options you can use to stop unwanted people getting in.