Secret note BUG?

Satsukiye_

• 6 months later...
On 26/01/2019 at 3:04 AM, Satsukiye_ said:

I got stuck at 51/52 and every note I saw just disappear in front of me... After seeing 3 of them disappears I can never see any notes anymore. Is someone having similar issues?

Yes, I'm having this issue right now. How did you find the fix in the end? 

• 2 years later...
On 28/06/2022 at 3:12 AM, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Has anyone figured out a solution to this? Also am stuck at 51/52 and did 8 more runs with no luck

If I remember correctly I kept trying again and again until the collectible spawned where it was supposed to! Lots of trying though but it did spawn in the end and I was checking a lot of Steam Forums for more info to help 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

If I remember correctly I kept trying again and again until the collectible spawned where it was supposed to! Lots of trying though but it did spawn in the end and I was checking a lot of Steam Forums for more info to help 

Okay, I will definitely keep trying. Do you remember which difficulty you had played it on? Steam forums suggest a hardcore run, but those take too long to  be thoroughly checking each room. Ive done 8 almost full clear runs with no luck. Ill keep trying though xD Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Side note- RNG collectibles are the stupidest thing to ever exist in gaming!

This is bringing back memories of grinding 7 hours on Watch Dogs for my final music track >_>

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Okay, I will definitely keep trying. Do you remember which difficulty you had played it on? Steam forums suggest a hardcore run, but those take too long to  be thoroughly checking each room. Ive done 8 almost full clear runs with no luck. Ill keep trying though xD Thanks for taking the time to respond.

This is bringing back memories of grinding 7 hours on Watch Dogs for my final music track >_>

No worries at all! I'm really sorry I can't help more and it's amazing how much of a goldfish memory I get when I've done and dusted a game. But I'm right with you on the RNG collectibles, they can either be okay or a nightmare. 

I feel like I left my hard-core run until last but I might need to check my timestamps on my trophies as I'm wondering now if I found some collectibles within that hard-core run!

If I'm able to I'll try and find some helpful forums but this game is not so popular, so you don't find much! That's why I resorted to Steam Forums but also the person above us who responded to my original question had some amazing tips too! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

So I dug around again a little bit more and from what I'm reading people are suggesting to not collect the collectible from printer due to a glitch and that means if you had that you should delete your save and start again. I think this is where I may have done a easy playthrough for just the collectibles! 

So maybe do a hard run and then an easy run for just collectibles and their tiresome rng. I hope this helps! I'm really sorry if its information you've found before! 

(Apologies Mods if links are not allowed, just trying to shed some light)

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Skyhill/walkthrough/4

• Like 1

@mattfry94 Okay, so I finally got it after 3 more runs! The solution used by multiple players, of triggering the hanging old man event, worked! I found a cellphone in one of my runs, but it didnt let me answer it and then disappeared. After that, I shortly found the hanging old man and was given the note right after. Other than the note issue, the game was quite easy. Even discovered a glitch that gets you through hardcore with no struggle (posted on a different thread). Thank you again for taking the time to respond. 

So if anyone else gets stuck at 51/52, and the notes arent appearing on walls anymore, do NOT reset your data. Simply be thorough and try to find the hanging man. I do not know if the phone I found is an indication of his appearance, but its best to keep an eye out anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

@mattfry94 Okay, so I finally got it after 3 more runs! The solution used by multiple players, of triggering the hanging old man event, worked! I found a cellphone in one of my runs, but it didnt let me answer it and then disappeared. After that, I shortly found the hanging old man and was given the note right after. Other than the note issue, the game was quite easy. Even discovered a glitch that gets you through hardcore with no struggle (posted on a different thread). Thank you again for taking the time to respond. 

So if anyone else gets stuck at 51/52, and the notes arent appearing on walls anymore, do NOT reset your data. Simply be thorough and try to find the hanging man. I do not know if the phone I found is an indication of his appearance, but its best to keep an eye out anyway.

Oh hell yeah! Nice one! Now that you mention it, the hanging old man solution does sound very familiar and proves my goldfish memory hahaha but congrats man! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

So I dug around again a little bit more and from what I'm reading people are suggesting to not collect the collectible from printer due to a glitch and that means if you had that you should delete your save and start again. I think this is where I may have done a easy playthrough for just the collectibles! 

So maybe do a hard run and then an easy run for just collectibles and their tiresome rng. I hope this helps! I'm really sorry if its information you've found before! 

(Apologies Mods if links are not allowed, just trying to shed some light)

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Skyhill/walkthrough/4

Dont be sorry, this is good advice, and its really hard to say what would be quicker. I would think if anybody is reading this, that hasn't started the game yet, should definitely leave the 'Printed Note' for last; The 'Printed Note' is obtained through the random room event, where you find the computer that lets you access the recycling bin, also trophy related. This way you can get all wall notes, without anything bugging out. But then your last note will also be a random event, just like the hanging man event I did an extra 5 runs today to find.

I guess this is a pick your poison situation xD

44 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

Oh hell yeah! Nice one! Now that you mention it, the hanging old man solution does sound very familiar and proves my goldfish memory hahaha but congrats man! 

Thank you! It does suck theres very little information about this game. Its pretty fun! But those RNG collectibles definitely left me with a lot of uncertainty. Hopefully these extra posts will help shed some more light.

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Grammar

• 9 months later...

I can confirm that the Secret Files trophy can glitch if you had already collected the "printed" or the "hanged man" notes before getting to 51/52. if this happens to you, the only way around is to delete your save and collect all notes from scratch, leaving the "printed" note for last. This took me I reckon 5-6 more hours, which as much I enjoyed the game, I would have avoided.

All other trophies are pretty straight forward (there are excellent tips on the Hardcore difficulty one, as well as the 100 deaths one in the forum), but you should definitely keep an eye on the Secret Files one from the very beginning.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling with this bug for a while. So I read the topic and to make it clear: I have to collect all the notes avoiding "the hanged man" and "printer" ones, then pick up hanged note and lastly printer note. ¿Is this correct?

Edited by AdrianR_94

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2023 at 1:20 AM, AdrianR_94 said:

I've been struggling with this bug for a while. So I read the topic and to make it clear: I have to collect all the notes avoiding "the hanged man" and "printer" ones, then pick up hanged note and lastly printer note. ¿Is this correct?

You just need to make sure to collect the "printer" note last, only when you already have the other 51/52. I collected the hanged man one about midway to the trophy and got it no problem with the printed note last. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 7:16 PM, ivnuznv said:

You just need to make sure to collect the "printer" note last, only when you already have the other 51/52. I collected the hanged man one about midway to the trophy and got it no problem with the printed note last. 

Thanks a lot. ??

I deleted the last save because left the printer note and after many runs it didn't appeared. I thought was bugged because took the hanged man before.

So I only must concern about the printer, good to know.

• 8 months later...

So I've just seen this thread, having already started the game and printed out the note from the computer. 

Is this still a bug? And does it happen 100% of the time – or should I 'risk' carrying through on this save file? I'm not massively far into the game. I've done 4 playthroughs – 2 on Normal and 2 on Hardcore (1 winning run on Normal). 

Sounds like it might be worth me just starting again on a new file?