Platinum Medal tips

Darling Baphomet

Alright, I just got my platinum medal, in about 10-15 tries! So since a lot of people seem to be struggling, I'll give out some tips.

Firstly, the map I've seen most recommended for this is Frozen Speedway Grand Trial. Speed maps are apparently the easiest platinum medals to get.

Secondly, you're going to want to use the Sulha ship, fully upgraded. Sulha ships have the highest top speed and you'll find it easiest to beat the track with. I tried this track 10-15 times, with a few different ships (mostly Lunare, my main), and got it with Sulha in two tries.

Thirdly, use the Magnetic Stabilizer (again, fully upgraded) because otherwise you're going to be fucked at every turn. You *need* that grip.

And for the powerup I would recommend turbo boost. You should be able to get 1-2 turbo boosts in on your winning lap, which will help you immensely.

The time I got with the Sulha was ~2.065 seconds, with my best time on different ships being ~3.5 seconds. I would assume the platinum medal time is < 3 seconds.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 22/3/2022 at 7:14 AM, servus99 said:

Here is the easiest event in my opinion:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/326713-easiest-platinum-medal/

It has only 1 tricky S shape corner, only goes straight basically. Very easy.

It seems to me that this trick only works on the NA edition of the game. I played the EU edition 1.00/1.02/1.03 and 1.04 and the Target Speed was different. In the EU edition it is much higher than in the NA.

Redout.jpg

Redout2.jpg

I will start the NA stack soon and confirm my guess. :)

Anyway, I finally opted for this method which I found very easy to achieve. Less than 5 attempts and I got a platinum medal: https://www.trueachievements.com/a237917/better-than-ever-achievement

Edited by JorgeSleep