Public challenges

dannyswfc9

Hi. I left this game on the shelf for a bit then i found out yesterday they added the rocket wingsuit which added 3 new challenges which im not sure when they added them but it ment the platinum is a bit easier to get but not by much.

Im on 110 gold including the 3 new challenges but the ones left are doin my head in. Does anyone know if they will add any more public challenges that count towards the trophy because this game is far too addictive and rage material to try and get gold on the ones left lol

4 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Hi. I left this game on the shelf for a bit then i found out yesterday they added the rocket wingsuit which added 3 new challenges which im not sure when they added them but it ment the platinum is a bit easier to get but not by much.

Im on 110 gold including the 3 new challenges but the ones left are doin my head in. Does anyone know if they will add any more public challenges that count towards the trophy because this game is far too addictive and rage material to try and get gold on the ones left lol

Which challenges do you have left? With the rocket suit challenges, I platted without golding Fallen Rocks, La Feuse and Lumberjack (medium, my ass!).  I probably spent the most time (3-4 hours) getting Vallec Village. 

I'd be happy to give any pointers if I can. 

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Which challenges do you have left? With the rocket suit challenges, I platted without golding Fallen Rocks, La Feuse and Lumberjack (medium, my ass!).  I probably spent the most time (3-4 hours) getting Vallec Village. 

I'd be happy to give any pointers if I can. 

I said the exactly same words bout lumberjack yesterday. Absolute raging on that one lol. I nearly did fallen rocks but la feuse is rediculous. Vallec village is doable i recon but i cant master i think the third to last checkpoint where u arch round the snow next to the house. It throws me to the left and a miss the next checkpoint. Also the onr where u need to get 32000 points. Glacia something i think its called

15 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I said the exactly same words bout lumberjack yesterday. Absolute raging on that one lol. I nearly did fallen rocks but la feuse is rediculous. Vallec village is doable i recon but i cant master i think the third to last checkpoint where u arch round the snow next to the house. It throws me to the left and a miss the next checkpoint. Also the onr where u need to get 32000 points. Glacia something i think its called

Vallec Village: Worst part is the final two house bumps/ jumps. Took me MANY tries to figure out you need to go slow over the second to last one, otherwise too much speed off the final one will send you airborne, and into the pair of pine trees. Where you are having trouble, I remember well. Going through the 'U' valley jump, aim a bit to the left of the game's suggested line. Then you can make one big cut to your right and through that checkpoint and miss that phantom bump. Oh! I also used skis. I found I could turn sharper through the course.

Glacier: This was my last one until platinum. Didn't take too long bc I realized you get massive points for using the glacial ice as jumps and landings. From the start, hit the big jump and then cut to the right for another big air jump off that ridge. Spin and trick like crazy to get your multiplyer up. Then follow their suggested route and hit the ice rock (?) for another big air. Follow their route through the top half and hit all the glacial jumps. I was getting 3 to 4K of points on landings and jumps using that glacial ice. DON'T wipe out, you'll lose the multiplyer. 

Good luck, bro! You got it!! 

8 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Vallec Village: Worst part is the final two house bumps/ jumps. Took me MANY tries to figure out you need to go slow over the second to last one, otherwise too much speed off the final one will send you airborne, and into the pair of pine trees. Where you are having trouble, I remember well. Going through the 'U' valley jump, aim a bit to the left of the game's suggested line. Then you can make one big cut to your right and through that checkpoint and miss that phantom bump. Oh! I also used skis. I found I could turn sharper through the course.

Glacier: This was my last one until platinum. Didn't take too long bc I realized you get massive points for using the glacial ice as jumps and landings. From the start, hit the big jump and then cut to the right for another big air jump off that ridge. Spin and trick like crazy to get your multiplyer up. Then follow their suggested route and hit the ice rock (?) for another big air. Follow their route through the top half and hit all the glacial jumps. I was getting 3 to 4K of points on landings and jumps using that glacial ice. DON'T wipe out, you'll lose the multiplyer. 

Thank you for that. I half thought bout using skis. Ill try and use the line on glacia. I was trying to find my own way which ending up landing on my face lol. So hard to not fall on that one. Thanks again

19 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Finally got the plat mate thanks. Nearlly gave up. Had 1 left. Tried lumberjack and yeah not happening. Then tried glacia finally got it. Cheers forur help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Finally got the plat mate thanks. Nearlly gave up. Had 1 left. Tried lumberjack and yeah not happening. Then tried glacia finally got it. Cheers forur help

Congrats!! :yay:

It's definitely a well-earned platinum because there are times when your controller is in danger of becoming a projectile.  

I really like the game.  I hope there's a Steep Two. 

9 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Congrats!! :yay:

It's definitely a well-earned platinum because there are times when your controller is in danger of becoming a projectile.  

I really like the game.  I hope there's a Steep Two. 

Its definatly a very frusrating game but very worth it afterwards. I was thinking yesterday hope they do a steep 2 cos it was suprisingly a very good game