Missing Timestamps on Hitman GO

Hey everyone,

I ended up with missing timestamps on my hitman go platinum due to some issue caused by my psvita. I was wondering if someone else had similar issues with this specific or another psvita game.

So here is what happened in details.

I started Hitman go about two years ago on my ps4 but had it installed on my vita as well to play it on the (hitman) GO. I chipped at it here and there and yesterday I got sick of it hanging around unfinished on my profile and decided to get rid of the remaining trophies. My psvita was out of battery so I charged it, powered it up, had to give in the actual date and started the game while my vita was offline, got the platinum and deleted the game. After that I connected the vita to my cellphone hotspot to upload the trophies and was asked to install the latest update, what I did. The game synced and I was left with no timestamps on the remaining trophies and the platinum.

I had a similar experience with welcome park five years ago, but I thought that glitch had been fixed long ago.

I've ended up with invalid stamps on my vita in the past but not much you can do about it I don't think once it's synced as usually invalid stamps are caused by corruption or the date of the console being older then a certain date. I normally look at my stamps before syncing from my vita just in case there corrupt as I go offline for lone periods of times and my old house use to get power outages a lot. 

Edited by ichigo_pulgo
  • Like 1

The fact that you actually had to give it the date sounds like the issue. Even if I ever completely reset my Vita or whatever, it'll automatically give me the date because the system clock is keeping track of it. So I'm guessing what can happen is if the Vita runs completely out of juice, it resets the internal clock until you sync it.

I believe this is relevant for trophy purposes as the system doesn't trust the user when determining the correct date for timestamps. Basically it'll ask you for the clock, but it won't validate the actual system clock that is used for  trophy timestamps without communicating with the PSN server. If you think about this, it makes perfect sense as otherwise you could just use the system to manufacture your own timestamps (guessing you can via CFW anyway, but not too familiar with that).

I imagine you can avoid this issue by always making sure you sync if your system ever asks you for a date. Connecting to PSN on the Vita should be enough but I guess just doing a hard trophy sync would be the safest if you want to avoid missing timestamps.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ichigo_pulgo said:

I've ended up with invalid stamps on my vita in the past but not much you can do about it I don't think once it's synced as usually invalid stamps are caused by corruption or the date of the console being older then a certain date. I normally look at my stamps before syncing from my vita just in case there corrupt as I go offline for lone periods of times and my old hpuse use to get power outages a lot. 

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

The fact that you actually had to give it the date sounds like the issue. Even if I ever completely reset my Vita or whatever, it'll automatically give me the date because the system clock is keeping track of it. So I'm guessing what can happen is if the Vita runs completely out of juice, it resets the internal clock until you sync it.

I believe this is relevant for trophy purposes as the system doesn't trust the user when determining the correct date for timestamps. Basically it'll ask you for the clock, but it won't validate the actual system clock that is used for  trophy timestamps without communicating with the PSN server. If you think about this, it makes perfect sense as otherwise you could just use the system to manufacture your own timestamps (guessing you can via CFW anyway, but not too familiar with that).

I imagine you can avoid this issue by always making sure you sync if your system ever asks you for a date. Connecting to PSN on the Vita should be enough but I guess just doing a hard trophy sync would be the safest if you want to avoid missing timestamps.

Well, thank you guys, it makes a little bit more sense now. guess I ll always get my vita online before I go back to my games in the future to avoid that kind of situations. 

• Like 2