What do you think about possible DLC?

Crispy_Oglop

Just got done with my Ranger Hardcore / perfect ending playthrough and wow, after spending hours with Artyom and Anna in the previous games I really loved this entry in the series. So now i'm done with the story, my mind got thinking to possible DLC. I had two things i'd really love to see:

Spoiler

Dark Ones

So we didn't really see much of them, and they weren't tied heavily into the plot (if at all). I found an easter egg in the desert by accident (I can't even remember how i got it to appear). And i'm pretty sure they had a hand in some of the events at end of the game in the Dead City while you are going to get the medicine for Anna. It would be cool to tie that off even if it's just a little.

Col. Miller going for the satellite maps

I'd love to see a playable chunk of story where you play as Miller while he went after the satellite maps at the same time you go to get the medicine. He seems like was a bit of a legend in the last bits of the story.

What would you like to see in upcoming Metro DLC?

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 3:55 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Just got done with my Ranger Hardcore / perfect ending playthrough and wow, after spending hours with Artyom and Anna in the previous games I really loved this entry in the series. So now i'm done with the story, my mind got thinking to possible DLC. I had two things i'd really love to see:

Hide contents

Dark Ones

So we didn't really see much of them, and they weren't tied heavily into the plot (if at all). I found an easter egg in the desert by accident (I can't even remember how i got it to appear). And i'm pretty sure they had a hand in some of the events at end of the game in the Dead City while you are going to get the medicine for Anna. It would be cool to tie that off even if it's just a little.

Col. Miller going for the satellite maps

I'd love to see a playable chunk of story where you play as Miller while he went after the satellite maps at the same time you go to get the medicine. He seems like was a bit of a legend in the last bits of the story.

What would you like to see in upcoming Metro DLC?

I never even saw the place where you can see him in Caspian. On my 2nd playthrough I found a few more spots than in my first playthrough and was completely surprised because I did a ton of exploring. However, they did have a hand in Dead City. That voice you hear while catching glimpses of a Blind One is one and you can see it on top of the building you go into before it vanishes, but it's really quick. 

Given the types of DLC we saw in Last Light it's very possible we will get something along the lines of your 2nd idea. It would be awesome too. :D 

There's actually tons we could see like going on missions as the other crew members throughout the various regions. I would LOVE to see the path everyone else took through Yamantau.

17 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

more Anna gameplay :)

She was great in this one, It would be kind of cool to have some of her Sniper Support segments in various parts of the game where she usually heads to a vantage point to help Artyom.

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I never even saw the place where you can see him in Caspian. On my 2nd playthrough I found a few more spots than in my first playthrough and was completely surprised because I did a ton of exploring. However, they did have a hand in Dead City. That voice you hear while catching glimpses of a Blind One is one and you can see it on top of the building you go into before it vanishes, but it's really quick. 

Given the types of DLC we saw in Last Light it's very possible we will get something along the lines of your 2nd idea. It would be awesome too. :D 

There's actually tons we could see like going on missions as the other crew members throughout the various regions. I would LOVE to see the path everyone else took through Yamantau.

I never even noticed the top of the building sighting you mentioned. I really like how subtle they've been with that part of the overarching story. You are right about there being tons more possible DLC, now that you mention it:

Spoiler

Some DLC specifically with either Damir and/or Alyosha would be cool. DLC about Damir liberating the slaves in the Caspian with Giul would be cool. Same with Alyosha helping the forest tribe evacuate the forest. And I guess that would work with either the good or bad ending too.

Just as long as we don't get something like 'Yermak hanging out on the train while everyone is out on a mission' DLC haha. Although.....wait.....I'd probably actually enjoy playing that. So many potential tidying up and train maintenance mini-games ?

4 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I never even noticed the top of the building sighting you mentioned. I really like how subtle they've been with that part of the overarching story. You are right about there being tons more possible DLC, now that you mention it:

Reveal hidden contents

Some DLC specifically with either Damir and/or Alyosha would be cool. DLC about Damir liberating the slaves in the Caspian with Giul would be cool. Same with Alyosha helping the forest tribe evacuate the forest. And I guess that would work with either the good or bad ending too.

Just as long as we don't get something like 'Yermak hanging out on the train while everyone is out on a mission' DLC haha. Although.....wait.....I'd probably actually enjoy playing that. So many potential tidying up and train maintenance mini-games 1f602.png

I didn't notice it either, I was watching an easter egg video and saw both the Caspian and Dead City locations. I was instantly pissed at myself lol. I was really bummed they weren't around and seemingly forgotten, but that one siting gave me hope. One cool one was while in the bunker where you search for the map in Caspian. If you look in the slot for September in 2001 you can see an airplane. 

If there's a DLC with Damir or Alyosha it would have to key off the good ending I think. Damir doesn't even have to have stayed behind. They could backtrack with him. They have to go back to Moscow at some point I would think so Exodus could literally have backtracking DLC for every area gathering survivors. Except Yamantau. I want to go back there and kill every last person. :awesome:)

Oh god no...I don't need a minigame invading this game. Something like "switch the levers at the right time or the Aurora is doomed" lmfao.

^funny minigame would be the crew having a sniping contest in Caspian or Volga lol. Throw a flare somewhere to lure the mutants and start picking them off. 

This is the biggest thing I believe the game did.

Open up the possibility for a game to be made in other places of the world. I would fucking love to see what creatures have developed everywhere else. Are the Dark Ones native to Russia? How many could be elsewhere in the world? I know the likelihood of expansions that large are slim at best, but I like letting my mind wander.