The Fishing Rod

Alaquia

I'm feeling totally stupid right now, but I started Nier today after a long break and I'm trying to finish some trophies... I have the side quest fisherman's gambit and I need to catch 10 sardines but I have no fishing rod. I know I had it at some point but I can't find it in my inventory (no option either near the water)

is the rod a weapon? because I have all 30 weapons but there is still a "???" under swords

Well, I remember there is someone who should give you the fishing rod in the first half of the game(before Emil's mansion, maybe in the sea city?). I don't know if it could be possible miss it, but I played it a year ago, so I'm not sure about it. Have you got any bait in your inventory? Because I remember you have to get near the sea, select it and start fishing, without "equipping" the fishing rod. :hmm:

Anyway, I'll give a look at the game, just to see if the fishing rod is in the inventory or in the sword category. ?

Edit: Ok, I checked the game. There's no fishing rod in the inventory, and it's not classfied as a weapon (but, even with a 100 % weapons collection, I have a ???, but I think is some kind of glitch). Try walking to the sea and see if there is a "fishing command" on the top of the screen with the :circle: button. In this way you can select the bait and start fishing. No need to equip the fishing rod. :)

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Well, I remember there is someone who should give you the fishing rod in the first half of the game(before Emil's mansion, maybe in the sea city?). I don't know if it could be possible miss it, but I played it a year ago, so I'm not sure about it. Have you got any bait in your inventory? Because I remember you have to get near the sea, select it and start fishing, without "equipping" the fishing rod. :hmm:

Anyway, I'll give a look at the game, just to see if the fishing rod is in the inventory or in the sword category. 1f609.png

Edit: Ok, I checked the game. There's no fishing rod in the inventory, and it's not classfied as a weapon (but, even with a 100 % weapons collection, I have a ???, but I think is some kind of glitch). Try walking to the sea and see if there is a "fishing command" on the top of the screen with the :circle: button. In this way you can select the bait and start fishing. No need to equip the fishing rod. :)

thank you for your answer, but...

afaik the fisher gives you the rod which was necessary to progress the game (to catch the shaman fish) but after this I didn't do any fishing at all (I played through all endings and recently started my highest save file)

the circle button is not appearing for me. I will look into it later tomorrow, maybe I missed something

Edited by J3dP89

Maybe you have no baits, and in this way, when you are near the sea, the fishing command doesn't appear. Check you inventory, you should have a "fishing" voice between "raw materials" and "cultivation". Buy some baits in the sea city and try again. If it doesn't work I have no idea... Sorry. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Maybe you have no baits, and in this way, when you are near the sea, the fishing command doesn't appear. Check you inventory, you should have a "fishing" voice between "raw materials" and "cultivation". Buy some baits in the sea city and try again. If it doesn't work I have no idea... Sorry. 1f625.png

it was the bait... I was sure I bought some (I really did but apparently I didn't save the game...)

thank you so much! :D

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

Maybe you have no baits, and in this way, when you are near the sea, the fishing command doesn't appear. Check you inventory, you should have a "fishing" voice between "raw materials" and "cultivation". Buy some baits in the sea city and try again. If it doesn't work I have no idea... Sorry. 1f625.png

When I first saw this, I read the word "baits" as balls. ?  I seem to remember hearing something about the fishing being a pain in the "baits" in this game.

Edited by Bilpe
grammar