det_gittes

How good is this game?

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone who has played this game write something about it? Is it fun? How's the difficulty? How is it trophy-wise? Also, are the DLCs worth it? I'll probably pick it up anyway as it has a decent price tag on it right now and in the videos it looks interesting, but I'd appreciate hearing from someone who has played it before.

I've got this but haven't played it for very long so can't really comment on the difficulty, though a big factor will be how quickly you get to grips with the controls because they are awkward at best and were clearly designed with a Keyboard and Mouse in mind and not a controller. The fun factor is definitely there but because permadeath is a core gameplay mechanic, making frequent backups is essential to prevent loss of progress towards the Platinum. I can't comnent on the sole DLC that's currently avaible, because I haven't played it yet but the second one is due later this month.

At the current low price, it's worth a punt but your fun factor millage may vary.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've got this but haven't played it for very long so can't really comment on the difficulty, though a big factor will be how quickly you get to grips with the controls because they are awkward at best and were clearly designed with a Keyboard and Mouse in mind and not a controller. The fun factor is definitely there but because permadeath is a core gameplay mechanic, making frequent backups is essential to prevent loss of progress towards the Platinum. I can't comnent on sole DLC that's currently avaible, because I haven't played it yet but the second one is due later this month.

At the current low price, it's worth a punt but your fun factor millage may vary.

Thanks for your comments, the controls are one of the things which I'm worried about - I heard it mentioned in some video that the gameplay feels clumsy with the controller. Also, I find it surprising that there is a lengthy discussion of the game on the steam forum but there's literally nothing about the game on the main console sites.