Member of the elite and King of hill trophies advise

Marchrius75

I've some advise to pick this difficult trophies. I'm not a great player but i get this trophies. I played with controller DS4:
1. For member of the elite trophy play with 1.00 game (1.05 want a short time lap), the save with 1.05 work with 1.00 game and reverse.
2. Use custom setup of youtube channel HD Motorsport for all tracks except Sonoma and Watkins Glen (u race with physics normal so without custom setup).
3. To Sonoma and Martinsville play with manual transmission. In Martinsville u need use 4th gear only so it's very easy.

4. For King of the hill trophy u can play with 1.00/1.05 update except challenge 12 and 23, they are very difficult with 1.05 so u need play with 1.00 (thanks for tips user VistaElric).

For any question my psn nick is Marchrius75. Sorry for bad english, I'm italian.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

The challenges in this game were pretty easy compared to the later Heat games. The only one that gave me any trouble was the Allmendinger one at Watkins Glen which I think was Challenge #22. Kind of have to get lucky with the AI in that they don't block you too much so you can have a shot. 

As for the Elite lap times; overall not bad. No need to downgrade to Version 1.00, Version 1.05 doesn't make anything harder from my experience, the lap times are still all the same to get the Elite rating. 

Knee Pit Gaming on YouTube has the optimal setup for every track which trivializes a lot of the challenge in the times for most tracks. The only 2 that gave me any trouble were Atlanta and Auto Club but after tweaking the track bar to make the car a little tighter, I ended up easily getting both the 1st try afterwards. Aside from those 2, you can probably get all the other tracks done with just the default setup and an easy way to go faster is to just raise the right rear spring to 550-600. And Sonoma is the only one I recommend switching to normal physics as opposed to simulation. 

It's obviously a bit easier with a wheel but if you're using a controller, with the way the physics are you want to limit your steering inputs as much as possible and keep the car as straight as possible through the turns to maximize speed. You don't want to be wiggling too much in the turn (if you played this game, you know what I'm talking about with this) and you definitely don't want to be too loose that you're risking spinning out. If you're wiggling a lot, you're losing a lot of speed and you want to tweak your setup to get that out. 

It's also good to take advantage of drafting (necessary at Daytona and Talladega obviously but useful at other tracks too). Give the AI a decent head start (I counted to 3 before going, set the AI to 105 difficulty) and then by your 2nd or 3rd lap, you should have caught up enough to catch a draft on the AI cars and that'll improve your speed down the straights and give you a better time.