Camera issue

Is it just me, or is the camera lock-on system pretty bad?

* This was my major problem against the butterfly: when she was flying over me camera suddenly focused above me, then lock-on was lost and I had to manually search for her,

* Against group of enemies if I lock I cannot move the camera a bit to look if other enemies are nearby because the lock will switch to the next enemy,

* In small places could be awful: I currently am against the shadow dude with one arm and, again, when he jumps over the camera is a mess.

Anybody feeling the same?

(Btw, this is my first soulslike game, not sure if camera was even worse before)

Edited by nudoetcrudo

Sometimes the camera does end up becoming the true enemy. I think the worst example of it is during the Nameless King boss fight in DS3. For groups, it can sometimes be better to just lock off enemies and then try locking on again. For situations like Lady Butterfly and the one arm guy, try to dodge away from wherever you think they are until you can find them with your camera.

I've not had any issues with the camera so far. I do get what you're saying about the way the camera acts with enemies who are leaping, as that's kind of a thing with all of From's games. It's probably something I've gotten so used to by now that it doesn't bother me, and I can generally keep track of the enemies even if the lock-on is removed.

One thing you want to get used to is toggling the lock-on though. Moving around generally doesn't work if you're locked on. It works great for most 1v1 fights but when you're facing a group of eniemies, you'll only want to stay locked on while you're attacking one of them.

17 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

For situations like Lady Butterfly and the one arm guy, try to dodge away from wherever you think they are until you can find them with your camera.

Yep, killed both by dodging already.

6 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

I've not had any issues with the camera so far. I do get what you're saying about the way the camera acts with enemies who are leaping, as that's kind of a thing with all of From's games. It's probably something I've gotten so used to by now that it doesn't bother me, and I can generally keep track of the enemies even if the lock-on is removed.

One thing you want to get used to is toggling the lock-on though. Moving around generally doesn't work if you're locked on. It works great for most 1v1 fights but when you're facing a group of eniemies, you'll only want to stay locked on while you're attacking one of them.

So basically I am facing the opponent (1v1), he leaps over me, the camera goes into the ground below me pointing at the ceiling to try to track him, then it loses him and I am left without lock and a terrible point of view. 

For the second point yes, I will try not to lock against groups, but I don't really like it.

The best thing would be to have 2 different buttons for changing target and moving the camera, so I can keep focus on one opponent and still be aware of the surrounding enemies, but it is not possible (maybe on PC with a keyboard).