Question about where this take place in the game (Spoilers)

• 1 year later...
On 4.4.2019 at 10:40 PM, MMX20 said:

Hey, I have a question about the plot of this game. 

Reveal hidden contents

Does it take place after Lost Song and before Hollow Realzation?

I know it's been a year since this was asked, but I'm gonna answer anyways in case someone has a similar question:
It takes place roughly around the same time as HR as there are characters from all games up to lost song appearing but none from HR + there are mentions of stuff that will happen in Fatal Bullet.

Oh, but I've heard that AW vs SAO is considered non-canon to the games story by some people as the events aren't referenced in later games. But I haven't played FB and Alicization yet, so I can't confirm.

I would recommend playing LS -> HR -> AW vs SAO -> FB, but there wouldn't be any issues by switching HR with AW vs SAO in the order.

Edited by Narutofreak1412

VS Accel World is non-canon since it is never mentioned and the DLC Characters is more like their Canonverse then Gameverse, the best exemple being Eugeo as the VS Accel World Eugeo knows Kirito from before and might have feelings for Alice like his Canonverse does unlike the Gameverse version that only remember his past and not how he got his armor(he more or less showed up in his Integrity Knight identity Eugeo Synthesis Thirty-two before he turned back into Eugeo pre-Synthesis Ritual) and has feelings for Kirito (He got a bed scene)

But the story is set before HR(On the SAO side anyway) and one can play it before HR but not replace HR with it. It's best to look at VS Accel World as a OVA as OVAs is at most times non-canon but some sort of fan service and also this game let's you see how Yui looks like as a adult but it and HR rises the question of how a AI can grow up(by that I mean physical)

Also while not asked, the Hollow Realization DLC and maybe even the Fatal Bullet DLC might be non-canon since Tia(from Hollow Realization) is a no show and is not even mentioned by her twin sister Premiere or Kirito and his har...I mean friends. But Alice more or less mentions her time with Kirito in Hollow Realization(Don't know about Eugeo as I dislike BL/Yaoi) so I'm not sure if the DLC is canon or non-canon.

New: Alicization Lycoris: The story is after Fatal Bullet(From Kirtio's point of view) and mentions all but your story part of Fatal Bullet and DLC, also Tia is mentioned this time but not Alice and Eugeo's time in Hollow Realization and Fatal Bullet so still not 100% sure if the DLC is canon or non-canon. All might be revealed in Alicization Lycoris DLC

Spoiler

But "your avatar" and Kureha might be the Wayfarer(Kureha) that was talking to herself in the GGO part of the ending, why did I mention "your avatar"? Wayfarer(Kureha) was most likely not talking to herself but talking to her friend "your avatar"

So the order is Hollow Fragment > Lost Song > VS Accel World > Hollow Realization > Hollow Realization DLC > Fatal Bullet > Fatal Bullet DLC  > Alicization Lycoris > Alicization Lycoris DLC

The no "Gaiden"/DLC order is Hollow Fragment > Lost Song > Hollow Realization > Fatal Bullet > Alicization Lycoris

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1