Obscure PS4 Game Recommendations

ObsiEez

3 hours ago, Einigkeit said:

Yeah, My Time at Portia looks intriguing, but apart from that and Stardew Valley, I can't think of anything off-hand that would fill that void on PS4, though if you have a 3DS, you could pick up Story of Seasons to tide you over.

Oh yeah I LOVE Stardew Valley, pre-ordered it on PC back in 2016 when it came out, really want to get the platinum on PS4 but that factor's Challenge trophy got me messed up

A lot of these games you guys are recommended I've never even heard of but I'm glad ya'll did, I got some new games to add to my to buy list lol

• Like 1

Butcher is a good hotline Miami type game, but it's a platformer instead. Beating Impossible mode for the plat was great.

Cat Quest is a really simple but really fun and cute game. I skipped it many times during sales but finally bit the other day. 

Yokus Island Express is a neat platformer pinball hybrid. You don't have to be good at pinball for it to be fun, so don't worry.

SLAIN is pretty good but very hard to platinum. You die a lot, but plat requires no deaths. You can save scum it, but it's very tedious.

Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon is super good. It's hard to describe the gameplay, but you're a spider and have to catch the bugs on each level. You use combos to get high scores. But the craziest part was the meta game that surrounded it. A few trophies require you to find EXTREMELY well hidden secrets. You can't figure them out with in-game resources, however. All meta game stuff. 

Oceanhorn is a Zelda type game.

Assault Android Cactus is a high score arcade game. 

Klaus is a ln awesome platformer.

18 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Butcher is a good hotline Miami type game, but it's a platformer instead. Beating Impossible mode for the plat was great.

Cat Quest is a really simple but really fun and cute game. I skipped it many times during sales but finally bit the other day. 

Yokus Island Express is a neat platformer pinball hybrid. You don't have to be good at pinball for it to be fun, so don't worry.

SLAIN is pretty good but very hard to platinum. You die a lot, but plat requires no deaths. You can save scum it, but it's very tedious.

Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon is super good. It's hard to describe the gameplay, but you're a spider and have to catch the bugs on each level. You use combos to get high scores. But the craziest part was the meta game that surrounded it. A few trophies require you to find EXTREMELY well hidden secrets. You can't figure them out with in-game resources, however. All meta game stuff. 

Oceanhorn is a Zelda type game.

Assault Android Cactus is a high score arcade game. 

Klaus is a ln awesome platformer.

how hard was butcher and spider?, and how many hours

Edited by NillerKasket

2 hours ago, NillerKasket said:

how hard was butcher and spider?, and how many hours

Butcher on Impossible will really test your patience. It's almost a one hit kill mode and some levels don't have a lot of cover and a lot of enemies. There is one collectible in particular that is such a pain to get to. It's really because the game mechanic to obtain it is hit or miss. There is a mini guide in the game's forum. Time wise, I guess maybe a couple dozen or so hours? I guess you could check the leaderboard.

Spider is not hard and very fun. Not too many hours once you know the secrets. Ps3t has a forum on them, but unfortunately a lot has been edited away which is a weird fucking cult thing that happens with that game. I'm not even kidding. Everyone who has done the research outside of the game has eventually decided to redact much of their findings. Very very weird. 

• Like 1