Rice Not Available For Harvest?

I'm in the middle of doing the Purification ending (about to fight Owl at Hirata) and I thought to try and get the frozen dragon tears for the Return while I'm at it. So when I come to visit the Divine Child for more rice, she says it's not available to be harvested now. Tried resting and traveling to another idol and still the same. Also tried giving her the holy chapter infested to see what would happen and still none.

Questions: would defeating Owl fix the rice drought and have I fudged up the Return ending by giving the holy chapter infested earlier than I should? Tia

5 hours ago, slc1392 said:

I'm in the middle of doing the Purification ending (about to fight Owl at Hirata) and I thought to try and get the frozen dragon tears for the Return while I'm at it. So when I come to visit the Divine Child for more rice, she says it's not available to be harvested now. Tried resting and traveling to another idol and still the same. Also tried giving her the holy chapter infested to see what would happen and still none.

Questions: would defeating Owl fix the rice drought and have I fudged up the Return ending by giving the holy chapter infested earlier than I should? Tia

It seems to be a bug. You can try some of the solutions mentioned here (defeating Owl seems to have fixed the problem for some people):

As far as I know, giving Holy Chapter: Infested to the Divine Child earlier shouldn't change anything. If you've done the rice part correctly, she should disappear from the Inner Sanctum at some point.

Edited by ShadowReplicant
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slc1392 said:

I had this problem as well,  Eat the rice and then rest and then talk to the child.  Its not a bug.  If that doesn't work eat the rice then teleport somewhere and then back to the child and she should have more rice for sure.

• Like 1