DO NOT UPGRADE THE 9MM

richiebanner

DO NOT UPGRADE THE 9MM.  Make it the LAST gun you upgrade.  I played through the game twice and because I saved the flame thrower as the last upgrade and didnt have enough parts I have to play another new game + and get all the way to the flamethrower before i can get the trophy.  Dont make the same mistake I did!!!

• Like 3

Agreed it most of the time will take three playthroughs, to upgrade all weapons (especially playing survivor and survivor+ as shivs are more useful as a weapon, rather than saving shivs for locked doors). upgrade as many of the late game weapons as possible, leaving the 9mm and revolver, for a quick easy+ run through until the trophy pops. 

Even though I was stupid enough to do this for the 9mm and the Revolver, I just need 150 parts to fully upgrade the Shorty and Bow and still need a couple of upgrades for the Diablo. IIRC I was able to fully upgrade the Flamethrower last playthrough.

Edit: I basically have this trophy in the bag on my NG+ playthrough. Just need 41 parts for the last Diablo upgrade and just about to start Winter.

Edited by DavidBallZ

I thought it was quite easy to get all weapon upgrades in 2 playtroughs. I think I got the trophy in The Dam and I had about 350 parts at the end of the game. My advice is that you spent little time to check places quickly without it taking too much of your time for the plat and you get the trophy easily without starting 3rd game.

ok, ...... ive now run through again, all weapons are maxed out, ......... no trophy........ dammit Naughty Dog!!!!!! :angry: Absolutely love the game, but with the glitched trophies, screen tears, ellie going missing during some missions, and slapped together multiplayer mode, i just wish the game stayed in testing for a while longer. I was thinking TLOU was a sure bet for GOTY, but after all the problems people are having with various aspects, i dont know......

ok, ...... ive now run through again, all weapons are maxed out, ......... no trophy........ dammit Naughty Dog!!!!!! :angry: Absolutely love the game, but with the glitched trophies, screen tears, ellie going missing during some missions, and slapped together multiplayer mode, i just wish the game stayed in testing for a while longer. I was thinking TLOU was a sure bet for GOTY, but after all the problems people are having with various aspects, i dont know......

I don't think glitched trophies will affect GOTY...considering Skyrim won GOTY and well...

I don't think glitched trophies will affect GOTY...considering Skyrim won GOTY and well...

yeah lol, but i personally didnt think Skyrim deserved GOTY. Skyrim was so broken and short, but thats what Bethesda do, make broken games.  at least all of skyrims trophies popped lol. 

At least its not as bad as the last Red Faction, played 3/4 of the game, none of the trophies unlocked.

yeah lol, but i personally didnt think Skyrim deserved GOTY. Skyrim was so broken and short, but thats what Bethesda do, make broken games.  at least all of skyrims trophies popped lol. 

At least its not as bad as the last Red Faction, played 3/4 of the game, none of the trophies unlocked.

:P

It is one of the reasons I am waiting on LoU. I am hoping some major patches come in so I can just enjoy the game and not have to worry about garbage like that.

:P

It is one of the reasons I am waiting on LoU. I am hoping some major patches come in so I can just enjoy the game and not have to worry about garbage like that.

Smart move, its a must play title, but it arrived a little undercooked. i guess they didnt have a great deal of time until next gen, so it got rushed. its not like Naughty Dog to do that though. i would have held it back, make tons of tweaks and released it as a next gen launch title. but hey thats just me lol

I had to do 2.5 play throughs to fully upgrade all the weapons, by the end of the second one I didn't have enough to finish the 'El Diablo' and you only get it like half way through the game... on side note I played it on normal for the first time since there was no sense in doing on hard again and my god did I have so much loot, i mean I had around 900 parts for gun upgrades when I got the pistol.

• 1 month later...

I made this mistake too, but what's the point, the things I previously upgraded aren't upgraded on New Game + (I had the pistols entirely upgraded, and now, only "something" on both of them). Also I almost completed the bow, and now NOTHING is upgraded at all.

Stupid glitches, I guess I won't be getting the weapons trophy...